Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times

Advertisements

1. Snores. No, seriously, severe apnea, snore like a whole tribe of apneated (is that a word? I'm declaring it a word) bears and gorillas.

2. Sleeping difficulties because of it, which can make me a mite tetchy at times. I try to be a smiling, gruntled person, but a lack of sleep can wear.

3. I can dwell on the past. I'm working on this, but it's still a problem.

4. What you see really IS what you get. It's not like there are unplumbed layers to be discovered. I do keep people at some arm's length, and there are things I don't share openly, but I tend to be out on the sleeve. Some women find that disappointing, because if I'm "so great" at first, I should be a real treasure once they dig deeper. Nope -- just more and more and more of the same.

5. Twice-married, one child.

6. No close family (part of that past I sometimes dwell on), and that's weird for folks who have close families. I WANT that kind of closeness, but I'm the black sheep of my family, and they're all embarrassed because most families don't have a sheep in them.

7. A lot of obscure references, to movies, music, literature, experiences.

8. I laugh at my own jokes, get so tickled that it's hard to go on talking sometimes, while some poor bloke is left awaiting a punchline.

9. Prone to sudden bouts of sex and groping, quite out of the blue. Might be a red flag for some, a green for others. Seriously, once I'm comfortable with someone and affectionate toward them I'm very physically affectionate.

10. I like to discuss, but won't back down if I know I'm right. On the plus side I can admit I'm wrong, or question when there's doubt, but I can get harrumphy if I decide I'm sticking to my guns.

11. Overweight and need to fix it. Was for a while, would like to get back to it, but I ain't pretty right now, no ma'am.

12. Can seem like I lack confidence. I don't, but a lot of people mistake a willingness to accommodate for a lack of confidence overall. Truth is I just really want folks to find a happy medium, but it's often taken quite negatively.

13. Can be temperamental if pushed. I try to be nice, try to talk, but if someone else won't back off it's like the gloves come off all of a sudden. I don't like this about myself, it should be a big red flag. (I can and will apologize afterward, but that this happens at all still bugs me.)

14. Getting old. Weird things starting to happen to my body.

15. Have a NEED to be alone in order to write and think. It's not a request. Go away, let me be. Get used to the idea.

16. Have a NEED to come out of my writing alone-ness and get social. It's not a request unless you're having your alone time, in which case I'll come back later. I list this because yeah, in my experience it's also sometimes unwelcome.

17. Can get carried away with plans, dream too big, like Chevy Chase in those Vacation movies.

18. Judgmental when I think people are being inconsiderate. Form opinions that start watching out for more of the same, and take it to heart. It's a tendency on my part to build up walls, and while I can be forgiving (genuinely), if someone repeats inconsiderate behavior it turns into that first brick. Once laid, there's no real undoing it. It takes a lot to lay that first brick, but once there, it tends to stay. I know that's not good, but there it is.

I dunno -- you folks read me, and I'm pretty much like that in real life, so many of you know my red flags or your own green ones for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 12:22 PM

336 posts, read 195,423 times
Almost 40 years old, never married and no kids. They cant get over it, how a stud like myself finds himself in this position.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:30 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I'm a bit of a throw back
Not Politically Correct (but I am polite)
I really don't care what people think
Take calculated risks

Old 01-23-2018, 03:05 PM

10,502 posts, read 7,043,034 times
My incredible hotness and lightning wit would make them insatiable with mad desire.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Me?

Where do I start...

Stubborn, unstable, on my way out (my body is shutting down slowly. Don't think I have much more than a year left) Can be a hot head (with others).

I'm afraid, the Titanic is sinking.
I hope you're not being serious.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
A few that have been pointed out to me over the years:

I don't mix family, friends, and romantic partners
I like lots of alone time
I don't use social media
I generally do not talk about happenings in my life

It all boils down to valuing my privacy. Apparently that's not a good thing in the age of attention whoring.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:12 PM

7 posts, read 6,455 times
Not sociable, loner, basically not someone that u can hang around for days

Old 01-23-2018, 07:24 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times
One person's red flag is another's green light:

Parents were divorced
I'm divorced
Promiscuous when not in a committed relationship
Experienced
Independent most of the time, but prefer to be coupled
No kids
Cheap drunk (when I do drink)
Successful career
Make well above six figures
Sexually assaulted more than once

... and yet, I'm a pretty awesome person for the one lucky enough to know and appreciate me.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
My incredible hotness and lightning wit would make them insatiable with mad desire.
This is the best when combined with your Username

Old 01-24-2018, 12:11 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Oh my God. I wouldn't date any of us. Not even me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships