Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

I agree, it's a lot of food. But also wonder about his eating habits. Is he ordering and eating same amount? Is he slim? Is he watching what he eats and how much?
That would be my indicator what he thinks about your eating habits.
Other than that... when I go out to eat, I usually order an appetizer and split/share everything after that. We will agree what to order we both like, then
share. It feels sexy and intimate too...
No soda! Have glass of wine or just water.
And say no to movie food. I am sure that after such meal you should be full, you dont need to stuff yourself even more. That's unnecessary extra cost anyway.

Now, if he is chubby and eats as much as you do, then he probably enjoys your healthy appetite and is glad you will not judge him when you both gain weight. Your decision...

Last edited by elnina; 01-30-2018 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
OP, I'm like you, and good food is really tempting, and if you go into the date hungry, it's hard to say no, when it's all there in front of you, and you've got the smells of all that good food...

Unless you go into the date NOT hungry. ;-)

Before the date, eat something filling enough to take the edge off of your hunger. Maybe some soup, a cheese sandwich, maybe some celery with peanut butter... Something with some healthy fat will help sate your appetite.

So then, when you're at the restaurant, you won't feel the urge to practically Hoover in the food, and you can eat more slowly.
HAha thanks! I’ll try this. That’s my problem lol all of it looks good. Especially since I’ve been trying new places. Another thing is that a lot of times we meet up to go out right after I get off work. I go home, shower and get ready and by then I’m a hungry monster lol. But thanks I’ll try that.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:30 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I agree, it's a lot of food. But also wonder about his eating habits. Is he ordering and eating same amount? Is he slim? Is he watching what he eats and how much?
That would be my indicator what he thinks about your eating habits.
Other than that... when I go out to eat, I usually order an appetizer and share everything after that. We will agree what to order we both like, then
share. It feels sexy and intimate too...
No soda! Have glass of wine or just water.
And say no to movie food. I am sure that after such meal you should be full, you dont need to stuff yourself even more. That's unnecessary extra cost anyway.

Now, if he is chubby and eats as much as you do, then he probably enjoys your healthy appetite and is glad you will not judge him when you both gain weight. Your decision...
He eats a normal amount I guess? He doesn’t dessert it seems like, but he encourages me to get dessert.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Originally Posted by CapsChick
When you say you have been enjoying the dates, have you actually enjoyed his company? Or just enjoyed putting away as much food as possible?

He could be wondering the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This seems dumb
Advised to ignore

Very legitimate question that the OP should really think about. Does she see her dates as a free meal ticket? If she does, any kind of a relationship is unlikely. But based on her prior posts, it does not seem that she cares too much about that.

But an any case, eating this much carbs is unhealthy in any situation. Why not get salad, fish, something light? That is why I prefer Asian restaurants...

But overall, I personally think that dates that involve a lot of food are boring. I would encourage the OP, to try to do something interesting, see something new. My best dates were at a new exhibit in the museum, ice skating ring, opening of a new river front park, fireworks, etc. Or just a long scenic walk somewhere followed by drinks and appetizers.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:40 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
That's an unhealthy amount of food - it sounds like.
Especially the soda.
And sugar.

It'll be a turnoff for some guys
For others it will be a turn on
Others won't care

I wouldn't recommend eating like that regularly.

I, personally, am similar. I wouldn't be turned off by it, but I wouldn't encourage that behavior by continually going to restaurants either.

When I do go out to restaurants I start by separating a third of my meal and just not eating it.

Or

Order one entre and an appetizer or dessert to share between us.
This. OP, skip the sodas. Just---do it. And all that starch isn't good for you, either. You're filling up (over-filling) on starches and sweets. You're going to make yourself sick. This is how people set themselves up for diabetes.

Have you weighed yourself, after these blow-outs? You should.

If you go out with the same guy again, make "dinner" 2 or 3 appetizer plates, to enjoy sampling. That's it. That's dinner. Get a salad to go with it, if you want more food. Go elsewhere for dessert, if you're both into that. But no main dish. And select something healthy for the appetizers, not starchy. For ex.: a veggie plate to dip, instead of corn chips to dip. And something with protein, like meat skewers, lamb or chicken satay, or kebabs, or whatever.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:45 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
The OP didn't ask for nutritional advice, but it might help to think that this date isn't your last meal. You're ostensibly going out with this guy because you like him and enjoy his company, not because it's an opportunity to eat everything in sight. Sure, it's fun to split a popcorn at a movie, but you don't also have to order candy and pop and a giant soft pretzel.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Is this the guy who wanted casual sex? Has that come up yet?

I'd be worried that he's ... keeping a tab, if you will.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The OP didn't ask for nutritional advice, but it might help to think that this date isn't your last meal. You're ostensibly going out with this guy because you like him and enjoy his company, not because it's an opportunity to eat everything in sight. Sure, it's fun to split a popcorn at a movie, but you don't also have to order candy and pop and a giant soft pretzel.
This, also. OP, who's paying for all this? Do you pay for your own concessions at the theater? If not, you sound like a very expensive date.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
He eats a normal amount I guess? He doesn’t dessert it seems like, but he encourages me to get dessert.
What else you want him to say when the waitress come and ask about desserts: no, thank you! No desserts for the lady?
You should decline, he obviously has no problem declining for himself.

If I were him, I would watch you eating and wonder how you would look like in 5 years...
If he doesn't like chubby women, then I guess... there are not many more dates to come...

Old 01-30-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Is this the guy who wanted casual sex? Has that come up yet?

I'd be worried that he's ... keeping a tab, if you will.
Oh gosh.... sex after all that food? I would throw up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships