Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 06:39 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I wanted to roll my eyes at this...until I realized that if I saw "must hate Halloween...God I hate that holiday" on a profile, I'd have to bin it and flush even if the dude were Chris Hemsworth.

I think we all have our weird little deal-breakers.
I love halloween and dios de muerte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:52 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
-If they have a picture with their ex-gf (surprisingly I've seen a lot of this)
I know a few people that do this and their is usually one of two reasons behind it.

1. many guys hate taking pictures so often the only way they take pictures is if a girl convinces them or talks them into it, so as a result those are they only photos they have.

2. some guys do it on intentionally, to spark a feeling of competition, and sadly on many women it works.
its like the fact that they had a hott girlfriend vets them in some way, it's in line with those single guys that wear wedding rings at "meet markets".(my thought is any woman that is attracted by that is not worth having).

Old 02-22-2018, 07:59 PM

639 posts, read 376,510 times
The vast majority are overweight, not smiling, come off with an attitude (or are cute and don't have anything), etc.

Almost 95% of profiles are a complete waste of time... IMO

Every now and then I hit a gem in the sea.. which is why I'm on there at all.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,578 times
I forgot the shirtless bathroom pics with the dirty bathroom in the backround. Icky. Nope right onto the next one.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:40 AM

818 posts, read 456,608 times
Good question really because a lot of people using them could get some tips.
l was only on it for a month but honestly , l could not believe how tacky and classless so many women were, so that straight off is up there around number one area.,

She puts 3 lines about herself, and the rest of the page is filled with the about the man she wants, 20 lines, 50 , saw them all.
Obviously a very self centered dreamer that would make the worst partner out there.

She talks about sex. She's on a date site looking supposedly for a relationship , she hasn't even met him yet and she's already talking about sex, pure off putting shallowness. And , she's usually over weight to boot but the worlds obviously her oyster that's how come she's on 3 date sites.

12 pictures of her face and not one full body shot , some of those even say no full body shots no contact. go figure.

Insists on him having pics or no contact but guess what, she's got no pics.

Insists on no baggage because she's too weak and self centered to deal with yours and you'll be way too busy dealing with hers.

l love my friends and my family, just like every other profile on there, ahhhh, dahhh, what do ya want a medal,

Has the worst most horrible ugly pics and you just think wtf ? What moron would put pics like that up looking for a date.

Just a few off the top of my head that left a lasting impression on me and were every second profile. some would have all of it .

Old 02-23-2018, 05:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
To me a woman who says she's not a feminist is usually a plus, and they usually ARE feminists, just first or second wave feminists and not 3rd wave feminists(feminazi's), there is a difference.

Yeah, you're not doing yourself any favors with "feminazi".

Old 02-23-2018, 08:47 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
To me a woman who says she's not a feminist is usually a plus, and they usually ARE feminists, just first or second wave feminists and not 3rd wave feminists(feminazi's), there is a difference.

See this ^^^^^^. Would pass so hard on that profile.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I saw that on a profile once. I hesitated, but did decide to write to them. It crossed my mind that I would have to be careful about what I ate, because kissing them after eating something like Reese's peanut butter cups could be dangerous to their health.
I have yet to see that BUT I just know that if I ever do...I would have to pass because I don't want to be responsible for someone's death.Food allergies can kill if one isn't careful and when you're dating someone..you don't really think about what you're eating could effect someone else.I love anything peanut or peanut butter and I think that it would be too much for me because not only would I have to give up peanuts,peanut butter BUT anything with peanut products in some foods...which I never really think about to begin with. It sucks that I would have to say no to someone like this because they could be a potential great match over all...
I know like everything else there are precautions one can always take but to me,it would still be too much of a risk.

But on the other hand IF I were to ever come across something like this...and if we were to ever start dating,,,I would make sure to let that person pick all the food choices and also do all the cooking because stuff like that just scares me.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:23 AM

296 posts, read 265,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Woah, is that common?
I've seen that or something close, such as "someone who is a good partner when it comes to cooking and housekeeping". Those things being mentioned in a profile make me wince.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:27 AM

296 posts, read 265,945 times
Another- "looking for someone to brighten my life and make me laugh because life is sh$$ sometimes".
I saw that one time, sounded like a guy looking for someone to be responsible for his happiness, yikes, run run run.

Also, pictures of their car. Please. I don't care if you drive a McLaren. And if someone is looking for a women who will respond based on a photo of a car...well they probably can't be helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships