Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 03:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
That's my reasoning when I fear losing the friendship that I'm gonna lose it anyway.

But if a friendship can't last when people get into a relationship was it a real friendship?
It's insincere. There are ulterior motives on both sides (you're trying to find exactly the perfect way to make her like you; she's getting you to hold on and give her what she needs, never SAYING "hey, it is so patently obvious you're crazy about me, but I'm never going to become your girlfriend").

You're her "friend" only because you hope eventually she'll fall in love with you. She's your "friend" only because you make her feel wanted and are there literally no matter what she needs, without EVER actually asking her for anything - she has the easiest friendship job in the world.

It's false; it's built on hiding stuff and nobody ever actually speaking out and telling the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 03:44 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's insincere. There are ulterior motives on both sides (you're trying to find exactly the perfect way to make her like you; she's getting you to hold on and give her what she needs, never SAYING "hey, it is so patently obvious you're crazy about me, but I'm never going to become your girlfriend").

You're her "friend" only because you hope eventually she'll fall in love with you. She's your "friend" only because you make her feel wanted and are there literally no matter what she needs, without EVER actually asking her for anything - she has the easiest friendship job in the world.

It's false; it's built on hiding stuff and nobody ever actually speaking out and telling the truth.
You're wrong ..We've been friends for years and really do care about each other a lot ..I just fell for her recently and she just found out I like her (if she has) not even a month ago you make it seem like neither of us care about each other and we just met and weve only been using each other since we've known each other..

Last edited by JBT1980; 03-15-2018 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
You're wrong ..We've been friends for years and really do care about each other a lot ..I just fell for her recently and she just found out I like her (if she has) not even a month ago you make it seem like neither of us care about each other and we just met and weve only been using each other since we've known each other..
Huh? So then what was all that about seven months ago and holding hands and cuddling in the bed and so on?

Okay. Don't ask her. Keep on the way you're going. Good night and take care!

Old 03-15-2018, 05:26 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
She just texted me asking to hangout tonight..I'll do it tonight

Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
She just texted me asking to hangout tonight..I'll do it tonight
we'll see I guess.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Here's what I think is going on here:

1. OP is legitimately ugly (no good-looking 38 year old guy would have this much of a confidence issue).
2. His ugliness led him to have massive insecurity issues.
3. Therefore, he avoided the opposite sex and to avoid socializing in general.
4. Now he tries to date, but has no experience...and little social skills.

I don't know what to say, OP. It might be too late to fix these things.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Here's what I think is going on here:

1. OP is legitimately ugly (no good-looking 38 year old guy would have this much of a confidence issue).
2. His ugliness led him to have massive insecurity issues.
3. Therefore, he avoided the opposite sex and to avoid socializing in general.
4. Now he tries to date, but has no experience...and little social skills.

I don't know what to say, OP. It might be too late to fix these things.
You're not helping here.

Even if he is legitimately ugly, I've seen A LOT of legitimately ugly (lower to middle class) men have dates/relationships/procreate/etc.

I think you're right on number 3 and 4.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:06 PM

I think he already has social anxiety, or actually, I know he does, because he said so, and this is what has caused his lack of success in relationships. I doubt it is about looks.

It is the anxiety that has caused this, which then has made him even less confident, and on and on in a cycle, which is why therapy is the answer. No woman and no woman's interest could have fixed this.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think he already has social anxiety, or actually, I know he does, because he said so, and this is what has caused his lack of success in relationships. I doubt it is about looks.

It is the anxiety that has caused this, which then has made him even less confident, and on and on in a cycle, which is why therapy is the answer. No woman and no woman's interest could have fixed this.
I'm not so sure about the social anxiety. The OP has said in the past that he has socialized in groups, mixed male-female groups of friends, and that he's able to make people laugh, and be fun, but the women never see him as anything but a friend. A guy who can make people laugh is not a socially-anxious guy, unless maybe it's situational. Maybe the anxiety comes up when he needs to "break the ice" as he says, with someone, or when he needs to make romantic intentions known.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:36 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
You're not helping here.

Even if he is legitimately ugly, I've seen A LOT of legitimately ugly (lower to middle class) men have dates/relationships/procreate/etc.

I think you're right on number 3 and 4.
It's good to be honest with one's self. It's possible that this girl may be super hot, which may be at least part of the reason why he is where he is.

While it can lead to momentary unpleasantness, self-awareness will ultimately help him. If people were honest with him from the beginning, that may have saved him years of emotional turmoil that he's obviously put himself through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships