Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

From how it was presented, I bet neither he or she are making as big a deal of it as posters here are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 05:40 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I think if you're dating casually for such a short period of 3 or 4 months one often does not have enough interest in someone's mother and grandmother to spend a whole afternoon with them or to even meet them. Why would interest to do so necessarily be present.

Many people would not have sufficient interest to spend multiple hours with someone's mother and grandmother. And she already met or was introduced to his parents briefly or casually.

I feel like some or many of you are taking casual dating too seriously. One can date a good number of different people serially (one at a time) without meeting their mother and grandmother and spending time with them.
I don't think that is an adequate explanation. It seems SHE is making a big deal out of not meeting with them. Perhaps its just a lack of maturity on her part, but it shouldn't be any different than meeting anyone else, especially, if, as you say, its just a casual relationship.

Its not like she has to marry the guy if she meets his mom and grandma. She cant be asked? Okay. That's different from saying, "I'm not ready."

Old 03-08-2018, 05:57 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
If my SO “wasn’t ready” to casually meet my family, I’d think he wasn’t that into me.

Last edited by ellie; 03-08-2018 at 06:23 AM..

Old 03-08-2018, 06:08 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,473,679 times
I don’t think you...er “your friend A” have anything to worry about, OP. The guy isn’t being pushy at all, in fact he is being sweet in that he is considering “her” schedule.

Maybe this “friend” isn’t really ready for a relationship. It sounds like there’s a lot of fear and trepidation.

BTW meeting the family doesn’t necessarily mean the guy is serious. I met several families in my time of dating when it was just dating on both our parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships