Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But guys who sneer about women gloatingly ^ and paint them with one nasty " serves you wimmin right, take that!" brush are the good guys. Right?

I guess maybe you can see why of the two evils these women picked the ones who were at least hot in some way?

In for a penny, and all that.

Thank God I have never had to resort to either of these two options. I could cry for women who feel they do have to.
"Hey, I'm in for the drama, might as well have some fun while I'm at it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 12:36 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You'll be surprised that those single independent women can be in an abusive relationship because they are stubborn. Like one girl that I know refuse to date any other type of guys except a certain type and those are the ones often are bullies. As a guy, we usually have a pretty good d*ck meter in our heads when we see and interact with another guy.

Yea, that's the good part that finding out now rather than later. Paying her CC was a good chunk of money but atleast he doesn't owe her child support.
Really sad, but you might as well leave her to it. These women are not going to change because someone else says they should. If they change, it will be because they want to. That's just her type. As long as she is happy with it. Some people are actually happy in "abusive" relationships (it occurred to me that some of those relationships may not actually be as abusive as they seem)

shrug*

Old 03-19-2018, 02:54 PM

639 posts, read 376,199 times
Men get a bad wrap for being 'abusers'. What is generally not advertised is the amount of mental abuse projected onto men through various narcissistic, passive-aggressive, political tactics. One of these tactics is branding men as the 'abusers'.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Men get a bad wrap for being 'abusers'. What is generally not advertised is the amount of mental abuse projected onto men through various narcissistic, passive-aggressive, political tactics. One of these tactics is branding men as the 'abusers'.
A black eye is a black eye, dude.

You try being on the receiving end of that by someone with significantly more weight and muscle than you for a few years, holding the hand of a preschooler while carrying a living bowling ball in your innards, and no cash in hand to go anywhere, and then come back to talk to us about silly tactics.

Physical abuse is physical abuse, full stop.

Mental abuse is real as well. I don't know if it's not as "well advertised." (Advertised????) As a matter of fact, mental abuse IS the abuse du jour, if you will. No matter who it's perpetrated by. I don't think you read enough.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:32 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,102 times
What exactly makes these doormat men "gentlemen"??

Paying off someone else's debt? Talk about no self respect.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,702 times
The OP’s premise is so odd. Men either slap women around or they are wimps who are cheated on? Which one are you, OP? Did your father hit your mother, or did your mother have sex with other men? Are your male friends wife beaters? Do all their wives cheat on them?

Old 03-19-2018, 04:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
What exactly makes these doormat men "gentlemen"??

Paying off someone else's debt? Talk about no self respect.
Huh? There's nothing in between knocking a woman flat for burning dinner, and being a "doormat" who hands women money?

Handing a woman money doesn't make a man a gentleman.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,102 times
Quote:
Huh? There's nothing in between knocking a woman flat for burning dinner, and being a "doormat" who hands women money?
Don't ask me to explain myself for something I clearly didn't say. Did I say there was nothing in between? No.

Don't put words in other people's mouths.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:17 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
https://ncadv.org/statistics

"1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.

1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime."

Not just mental / emotional abuse....

Unfortunately, there is are far less resources and support available for men of abusive relationships. Discussions about spousal abuse these figures are rarely discussed. Several former feminists have mentioned this as an issue within the current present day movement they used to support.... if it was about equality... then why aren't we talking about husbands in abusive relationships not just women.

So yeh.. I agree with you. Thanks for mentioning it.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:26 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
Quote:

You try being on the receiving end of that by someone with significantly more weight and muscle than you for a few years, holding the hand of a preschooler while carrying a living bowling ball in your innards, and no cash in hand to go anywhere, and then come back to talk to us about silly tactics.
Way to go marginalizing a real concern that the poster was just trying to highlight! Pointing out that men are abused as well doesn't equate to implying that a woman in a abusive relationship is any lesser of concern.

Equality isn't a zero sum game here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships