Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 10:53 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

She might get some comeuppance. Maybe she'll get chlamydia or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 10:56 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Why worry about it, or her? She's isn't worth it. There are a lot of players out there, both male, and female. Choose wisely. So many people it seems get their self worth out of seeing how many people they can attract. Kind of sad actually.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:03 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,751 times
Tell this girl to go screw herself and move on with your life

Old 04-02-2018, 11:05 AM

29,516 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Move on.

What's happened, happened.

I know it's not easy to get over these things right away, but again, move on

Old 04-02-2018, 11:24 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
She might get some comeuppance. Maybe she'll get chlamydia or something.
Perhaps.

I'm sure that her life choices will affect her quality of life one way or another.

Thing is, we don't live in a just world and you can't control anyone but yourself. It's pretty natural to want to tally up the rights and wrongs when a relationship ends, and be angry that you got done wrong. I sure feel like doing that sometimes. But it's not healthy for my own head. And I don't like the person I am, when I think too much about my ex, or other pointless sources of stress and anger.

The problem with spending energy on the narrative that someone has done you wrong, in fact my ex has demonstrated it very well. He had a number of really good opportunities and assets right there in his lap, from before I left, when I left, after I left, and each one he sledgehammered into ruin one way or another. Why? Because he needs the whole world to see that I left his life a smoking crater. And if he makes the best of things, then he won't really be living that narrative, now will he? How can you push to yourself and everyone, that someone ruined your life, if your life is not properly ruined, huh?

That's why people need to let this crap go.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:29 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Right, cheating is bad, we all know that.

So what, though?

No seriously, so what? Are we mad she's not getting some sort of a comeuppance here? That's what I'm raising an eyebrow at, like...what was the result the OP thinks should have happened, he got to keep her but with more control, more accountability, like a parent with a naughty teenager?

I don't see how anybody gets any happiness out of a situation where one is cheating, and the other is trying to establish control to prevent them from cheating. I would not wish to be cheated on. I also wouldn't enjoy having a partner who got mad if I didn't return a call or text immediately. I've got a life, I'm an adult, and I don't need watching. It's easy to say "well maybe if she weren't a cheater..." But let's be real here, who wants to live that way either? Nobody is happy here.

Sounds like a bad relationship that needed to end. She could have ended it before she cheated, but at least she ended it. So it's over. As it should be. What outcome was OP wanting instead? One where she cries in shame over her misdeeds, vows to do better, and succumbs to his constant monitoring of her activities to prove she's on the up and up, and how long would she have to be in probation anyhow? You don't come back from something like this. Broken trust rarely heals clean. At some point you've got to know when to cut your losses. Either of them could have done it sooner, but at least now it's done.

So, let go the anger, OP, and work on putting all of this behind you. You most definitely will not succeed in future relationships, if you are carrying around anger from your past. Do whatever you need to, to heal yourself, for yourself, now.
]
Good advice there.

If they are your EX do your best to not ever think of them again. Their feelings/thoughts/blame, whatever simply do not matter unless you let them get to you

Old 04-02-2018, 11:57 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
You made your bed when you kept going back to this person knowing full well who they are.

I’m not sure what you expected really.
****ty people do ****ty things.

Live and learn.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Right, cheating is bad, we all know that.

So what, though?
The "Oh, both parties are at fault when a relationship fizzles out (even if it just fizzled out on one end)" is so commonly used as a platitude to justify cheating. Not saying you, specifically are using it as such, but it's a real temptation to use a relativistic "Well, in the grand scheme of things, is anybody really wrong, here? I mean, nobody was happy...it was a bad relationship! Important thing is, it's over!" viewpoint. But, really, there IS bad behavior going on. While it might be a "so what?" to some, to others, it's a very important thing to not lose sight of. There is enough self-blame that comes up when a relationship ends, without adding additional blame where there isn't necessarily any. Truth is, you can do everything right (big picture right; obviously, nobody is ever perfect in any relationship) in a relationship and still have it end through no fault of your own if the other person chooses to quit investing for their own reasons. I feel like that's something that frequently gets overlooked. It might not apply in this particular situation, who knows? But, overall, it does occur.

Which is why I have an issue with the, "Maybe somebody's actions are crappy, but so what? It was a bad relationship that needed to end, so NBD if cheating is used to end it" stance.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:17 PM

73 posts, read 41,018 times
People who cheat have cheated before and will continue to do so until they feel the pain. She'll get what she deserves. Move on. She sounds wild, and it'll never work with you.

I'm sorry for you. The guy she's with now will be done the same way when she's tired of him. It's a cycle.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:28 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Both sexes need to realize these users exist and mentally prepare themselves and not let themselves get all walked over in the process. Once you see who they really are, you don't reward them for it by staying with them.. kick them to the curb immediately.. and no don't try to "fix" them either unless you are a sucker for more punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships