Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:16 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times

Advertisements

A year long texting "relationship" doesn't amount to squat.
Let her hire a dog sitter.
It's over, whatever "it" was.
Move on.

btw texting is not dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 08:25 AM

639 posts, read 376,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToDate View Post
So this 37 year old messaged me on a dating site a year ago. I’m 29. We’ve texted since. She lives three hours away so scheduling is hard, so we have never met.

Today she tells me she’s stressed w work this week, and she wants me to come up to help her take care of her dog to ease some responsibilities during a stressful time. I’m not against this but in an effort to encourage her I said “you’re a strong woman, I know you can do it!” She read this as me not wanting to see her, so she replied “Take care, nice knowing you.” She blocked my number and on social media.

I think she’s overreacting. Thoughts? Also even if she isn’t overreacting, thoughts on driving 3 hours to see someone?

Hard to believe this is real.

But if it is, my advise is to thank your lucky stars and forget her.

Seriously you won on this one.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:39 AM

80 posts, read 43,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
A year long texting "relationship" doesn't amount to squat.
Let her hire a dog sitter.
It's over, whatever "it" was.
Move on.

btw texting is not dating.
When did I say it was?

Old 04-07-2018, 08:43 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
So this 37 year old messaged me on a dating site a year ago. I’m 29. We’ve texted since. She lives three hours away so scheduling is hard, so we have never met.

Today she tells me she’s stressed w work this week, and she wants me to come up to help her take care of her dog to ease some responsibilities during a stressful time. I’m not against this but in an effort to encourage her I said “you’re a strong woman, I know you can do it!” She read this as me not wanting to see her, so she replied “Take care, nice knowing you.” She blocked my number and on social media.

I think she’s overreacting. Thoughts? Also even if she isn’t overreacting, thoughts on driving 3 hours to see someone?
Absolutely she did. You just got a glimpse into the future of your relationship with her, because if she will spazz out and overthink a benign comment like that one and blow it out of proportion, who knows how demanding she is in other matters.

You didn't lose anything.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yeah, she probably overreacted, but she told you she was under stress.

I have a bigger problem with you not being willing to drive three hours to meet her. Really? Three hours? That's nothing! Was this the first time she asked you to visit?
Wow, never mind that the OP has a life of his own to attend to and things already on his agenda... that's the biggest reason I stay single, so that my life is 100% MY OWN and I don't have to "check in" every time I want to go do, or even just to plan, stuff on the spur of the moment.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Awww, heck no! You're not driving 3 hours to help take care of a dog for someone you've never met.

I can't believe she even asked.
Yeah, she sounds like a loon.

What kind of person can't take care of their own DOG?

Old 04-07-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
What's the worst that could have happened? She lives far away, not like she could do anything.
She sounds very possessive and controlling, and the type who can't take it when someone says something that sounds, to her anyway, like they are saying "no I can't do this now, no, you are not my ONLY priority in life."

Old 04-07-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Blocking me was underreacting? What should she have done, cursed me out?
Because you live 3 hours away and can't seem to take the initiative to meet up with her even once in the time you'll been communicating.

I know how long a 3 hour drive is, myself. I have relatives (a brother and 2 nephews) who live 3 hours from me, and I get to see them several times per year.

If you both have cars and could manage to have the same weekend day clear on your calendars, what was stopping the two of you???

Old 04-07-2018, 09:04 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
I wouldn't even give her another thought. It sounds to me like you were lucky.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:27 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
When did I say it was?
No need to get defensive.
You said you connected on a DATING site. If you didn't intend to DATE then what were you doing there?
So after a yr of meaningless texting she asks you to take care of her dog then blocks you.
And you come here for what....advice? opinions? comfort? support?
Your user name is HereToDate.

Maybe next time make it clear you only want to text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships