Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 12:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,612,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The only thing I want to “score” is a possible connection. The problem is most girls in DC I date, I want to get the hell away from once the date is over. I don’t feel inclined to pay for their , which I find as an insult to injury since I already wasted time for nothing.

Honestly I don’t give a about getting laid at this point, I’d settle for a woman who does not bore me to tears when she opens her mouth.
I wasn't using the word score in a purely sexual sense. Most people date to make a connection. Most first dates don't lead to one. The only thing a date, especially a first date, entitles anyone to is a chance to get to know the other person.

As for wasting your time, well, if I went on a first date with someone who expressed such a negative attitude, I probably wouldn't feel very good about how I'd spent those hours, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 01:12 PM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I wasn't using the word score in a purely sexual sense. Most people date to make a connection. Most first dates don't lead to one. The only thing a date, especially a first date, entitles anyone to is a chance to get to know the other person.

As for wasting your time, well, if I went on a first date with someone who expressed such a negative attitude, I probably wouldn't feel very good about how I'd spent those hours, either.
But you got a free meal out the deal which is something tangible, I walk away with lighter pockets and not a damn thing to show for it.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
But you got a free meal out the deal which is something tangible, I walk away with lighter pockets and not a damn thing to show for it.
I have asked men out, and paid for the meal, drinks, movie, concert, whatever. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, buddy.

Who asketh, payeth, at least on a first date.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,087,829 times
Yeah, a free meal is really worth socializing with a dud. Sure.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, a free meal is really worth socializing with a dud. Sure.
No kidding! If I want a good meal, I am perfectly capable of concocting one for myself. There may be women (and men) who hang out with people they don't like to get free stuff, but I value my time more than that.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,088,069 times
Quote:
Any woman who has EVER suffered through an awful two hours across the table from some insufferable date is NOT going out for a "free" meal and drinks, unless he is slinging some serious coin and she is an obvious social climber. Or unless she is that uber-hottie everybody talks about, the one who gets free this, free that and free everything and eats through men one after the other.

It is NEVER worth it, OMG...just take my word for this. Unless he's a Kennedy, or unless she's a bag lady and is starving...just no.

Again: pick better, if this is how you feel. You are so seriously defensive about dating and about parting with your cash. And about how you feel you're dating down. Well, of course you're attracting dud dates. What great woman could you ever hope to attract this way?

Old 04-27-2018, 01:33 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,478,726 times
I am not sure why people have such difficulty in this area.

People looking to take advantage of others are all over the place, there is no disputing people can be dispicable amoral *******s. They do exist and they exist in ever possible area of life

When it comes to relating and dating, It’s up to you to stick to your own moral and ethical standards when choosing who to date or further your relations with.

This includes “how” you date.

Don’t sell yourself short just to gain the favor of someone you desire something from. It’s not going to help you find someone for long term compatibility by ignoring the things that go against your own compass or siding with some traditional sensibility “just because” it seems to be getting you more dates or something you may want in that moment in time.

The existence of the “advantageous” is why you should never go against your own moral or elthcal considerations when dating. you’re doing yourself a disservice and you’re opening the door to everyone who may want to take advantage of your good will towards them.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,190,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
I sometimes wonder how any of you men that complain about dating, and "spending money" ever get laid? I'm serious. I can't imagine a woman going out on a date with one of you fellas and having fun.
Dawg, I hope this post isn’t directed at me.

Y’all can spend however much y’all want on your dates, even if y’all don’t really have it. I really don’t care. I gave my opinion and my reasoning, since it’s my money.

By the way. I’m a couple months away from being engaged to a woman who my friends say is a love child of Paula Patton and Alicia Keys, so, uh, I think I did good with getting a woman to go out on a date with me.

Man, some of y’all need to get out of your feelings on someone else’s opinion...pressed like a panini.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,329,209 times
Quote:
I would not really have had a problem with the ghosting if she didn’t put up that Twitter post. Yeah, the guys a nut, no argument there but her putting up that post implies she has moral high ground in this situation, which she does not because if she hadn’t ghosted him in the first place the bill probably would not have happened. IMO she lost her right to claim any higher morality when she ghosted him.

Yes, I’m familiar with the Bye Felipe problem and let me just apologize to women all across the world that some guys can’t take an L and move on without getting nasty and hostile. Diss don’t play that crap and never will (at least directly to a woman.) But still the right thing to do is to be honest and open and tell the dude no thanks. After that block him if you feel like it. You remember how hurt you are when a guy ghosted you, does that fact that there are guys out there who will get nasty if you reject them make it less moral to respond with a polite rejection just to make sure you don’t inflict the pain of uncertainty on a guy? I think not. Yes, you don’t owe a guy anything but the best look is always compassionate honesty.
I can agree. Ghost when it is absolutely necessary. But if someone is a genuine, nice person then be honest and tell them what's up.

Also, always be nice when rejecting someone. I have seen men and women pride themselves in being cruel when rejecting another person. Not cool at all unless the person can't take no for an answer.

Old 04-27-2018, 02:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,329,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I am not sure why people have such difficulty in this area.

People looking to take advantage of others are all over the place, there is no disputing people can be dispicable amoral *******s. They do exist and they exist in ever possible area of life

When it comes to relating and dating, It’s up to you to stick to your own moral and ethical standards when choosing who to date or further your relations with.

This includes “how” you date.

Don’t sell yourself short just to gain the favor of someone you desire something from. It’s not going to help you find someone for long term compatibility by ignoring the things that go against your own compass or siding with some traditional sensibility “just because” it seems to be getting you more dates or something you may want in that moment in time.

The existence of the “advantageous” is why you should never go against your own moral or elthcal considerations when dating. you’re doing yourself a disservice and you’re opening the door to everyone who may want to take advantage of your good will towards them.
And to add to this, people will lose interest in you once you stick up for yourself and that's fine.

Some people will take your kindness as a weakness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships