Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
No. It's because this is a variant of the guy who keeps hanging with a woman after he has been friend zoned. Same basic thing.

If there is no romantic interest, then it's perfectly okay for men and women to be friends. But when one person has romantic interests and the other does not reciprocate, it turns into something else, a less-than-honest relationship between two people.
This times a thousand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 10:45 AM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
No. It's because this is a variant of the guy who keeps hanging with a woman after he has been friend zoned. Same basic thing.

If there is no romantic interest, then it's perfectly okay for men and women to be friends. But when one person has romantic interests and the other does not reciprocate, it turns into something else, a less-than-honest relationship between two people.
I was asking the OP, not you. We don't know that the OP feels it's perfectly ok for men & women to be friends. My post was worded specifically to find out how he feels about that in general, not in this specific case.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:52 AM

17,856 posts, read 9,283,781 times
I think you should hang out with her.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:01 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,088,983 times
Maybe its an opportunity for you to get to know her, and find out that she is something quite interesting after all. Maybe its so you two can attract dates for each other. Sort of like you getting access to her girl friends, while she gets access to your guy friends. Maybe...I don't know...

What does she say the reason is?

Old 04-21-2018, 11:47 AM

6,886 posts, read 7,908,988 times
Hmmm, I don't know if I would jump to the conclusion that she is hoping to convince him over time to change his mind.

I have met guys via dating that I would be happy to be just friends with. Even if he initiated a break up, and I still had feelings for him, I have enough pride to recognize that if he is Just Not That Into Me, I don't want to be with him. I've had that conversation with a few guys, but they never took me up on it. No big loss. I just really need more people in my life, romantic or not.

Only once have I been able to transition a guy I dated into a friend. It probably only happened because my house had a pool, otherwise he would have dropped me completely.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Maybe its an opportunity for you to get to know her, and find out that she is something quite interesting after all. Maybe its so you two can attract dates for each other. Sort of like you getting access to her girl friends, while she gets access to your guy friends. Maybe...I don't know...

What does she say the reason is?
He went out with her a few times. He has sufficient data to reach the conclusion that he has already reached that he doesn’t like her. No need to waste anymore time when he’s already made his mind up on her, for either of their sakes.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:23 PM

728 posts, read 473,075 times
I'm going to a movie with a woman I'm not romantically interested in. I don't believe in being friends with women, so I'm straying from my normal.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:29 PM

1,178 posts, read 686,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, you're not into friendships with women? Not saying this woman would be the one to be friends with, since she's more emotionally-invested than you, but in general--no women friends? Women are useless if you can't f--- 'em?
Can’t rep you, but for the poster, that seems to be the size of it.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:54 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,351,672 times
Quote:

I agree. As a man, if a woman has no romantic interest and friend-zones me, I'm so gone I forget she even existed! I've got more than enough friends.
With the OP, he needs to reemphasize that he's not interested in a relationship with her. If she continues to hang out with him, she's gonna get her feelings hurt. She's pining away for him while he's either pursuing or with someone else.
ETA: This is NOT to say that I won't hang out with women who are platonic friends! I have a few in that category and we had mutually agreed long before: Just Friends - no more, no less.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I went out with a girl a few times and she said she really liked me but I wasn't into her so I ended it. But then she asked me if I still wanted to hang our or do something. She has feelings and I don't. What's up with her still wanting to hang out? Seems like an excuse to keep dating me.

Sounds like she is open to being friends and likes hanging out with you. That's straight forward enough. I meet loads of people I'd be into being friends with I don't want to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He went out with her a few times. He has sufficient data to reach the conclusion that he has already reached that he doesn’t like her. No need to waste anymore time when he’s already made his mind up on her, for either of their sakes.
He never said or implied he didn't like her. He said he didn't want to date her. Those are two very widely different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships