Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 07:58 PM

281 posts, read 247,936 times

Advertisements

What does that mean when that was the suggestion for someone who is at the beginning phase of dating? Does that mean no calling? No reaching out? No contact?

Old 06-09-2018, 08:14 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
What does that mean when that was the suggestion for someone who is at the beginning phase of dating? Does that mean no calling? No reaching out? No contact?
Make him chase you.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,937,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Make him chase you.

^^this^^ be coy with him. he needs to chase you otherwise he isnt worth the effort. its fine to call him, its fine to even initiate the call, but dont be ready to go out with him just because he asks you out. make him work for the date. if he is truly interested in you, then this is the attitude he will have;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsYT8YHL-R0

granted this was a different attitude, but the concept is the same

Old 06-09-2018, 11:54 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,372,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
^^this^^ be coy with him. he needs to chase you otherwise he isnt worth the effort. its fine to call him, its fine to even initiate the call, but dont be ready to go out with him just because he asks you out. make him work for the date. if he is truly interested in you, then this is the attitude he will have;
?? Isn't that what's usually called "playing games"?

Old 06-09-2018, 11:58 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,936,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
?? Isn't that what's usually called "playing games"?
I'd say so!

''Make him work for it?'', come on, man.

Anybody who you make ''Work for it'' who has enough sense is gonna wash their hands of the situation and find someone that isn't into playing these kinds of games and wasting their time, energy and expenditure of calories.

Anyone who follows that philosophy and doesn't just go out with me and makes me work for it before agreeing to go out with me? You could rest assure that I'd give up long before that. Only someone in a scarcity mindset, who thinks it's the last person on earth that they ever have a chance of dating would be insane enough to stick around for that. Anyone who puts me through that to try and prove my worth is someone that would make me think they're really not that interested. And when they're really not that interested? I don't waste anymore. I get out of the situation.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:15 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,136,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'd say so!

''Make him work for it?'', come on, man.

Anybody who you make ''Work for it'' who has enough sense is gonna wash their hands of the situation and find someone that isn't into playing these kinds of games and wasting their time, energy and expenditure of calories.

Anyone who follows that philosophy and doesn't just go out with me and makes me work for it before agreeing to go out with me? You could rest assure that I'd give up long before that. Only someone in a scarcity mindset, who thinks it's the last person on earth that they ever have a chance of dating would be insane enough to stick around for that. Anyone who puts me through that to try and prove my worth is someone that would make me think they're really not that interested. And when they're really not that interested? I don't waste anymore. I get out of the situation.
Yep.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:33 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,188,300 times
Let me get this right. You like him and he likes you, and you want a relationship. So you start it out by putting up obstacles to having a relationship.

Yeah, I get it. You want 9 out of 10 possible suitors to just say &%@# it and go away, and maybe 1 in 10 will play your games and you might not annoy him away.

This is called playing games, or sometimes mind &%@#.

Who ever gave you this stupid idea? Whoever it is, quit listening to their romantic advice. It isn't going to work except on boys. I am using that term disparagingly.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:23 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,758,216 times
It's a way for a woman to find out how much effort a guy will put into establishing, and later maintaining, a relationship. The concept is a good one, but I don't believe it helps, and it may hurt, to verbalize it to a guy. It is unnecessary to do so, anyway.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:32 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,188,300 times
Any smart man will see through this ploy. It will work mostly only on a boy.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:10 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,387,995 times
I have a different take on this. A successful relationship requires daily work and effort. That’s a behavior you have to establish day 1 in the relationship. It’s pretty much impossible to change the behavior after the fact. There are an awful lot of guys out there who will be totally happy to coast through a relationship where she does all the work. You don’t want to establish that pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships