Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times

Advertisements

I am curious to get people's opinions if I am falling for my friend and vice versa? Gay male here.

A year ago, I briefly dated one of my best friends. We decided to be just friends after a month, i was sad but okay. About a month later I met another guy, and we dated for a few weeks. Let's call this guy Sam. It was intense, but in the end it fizzled and we decided to become friends. One of the reasons was I was not over my best friend and he had just finished getting over his ex too. We both were not ready to date other people. Sam though has become a very good friend.

Fast forward to now. About a month and a half ago, I finally got over that best friend I briefly dated. I have no desire to be with him like that, and if he would try to initiate something with me it would be a 100% for sure NO from me. With me moving on, I feel like others have picked up on it, including Sam.

Sam knew about the history of me and my best friend, and that at certain points I was struggling and he was there to help give me advice. But Sam now realizes how over I am from that best friend. Since then, Sam and I have gotten much much closer. He is also starting to integrate himself more into my life. He is meeting a lot more of my friends (even becoming friends with them), and subconsciously, I realized I have been wanting to start introducing him to my family. He wants to start doing trips with me, and we are planning a couple of trips together. He's starting to invite me to meet his family. We now see each other every week (usually he iniates it). So it's been every week we now hang out. With that being said, when we hang out know he wants to see me the next day too.

Last night we went to dinner and a show. And for some reason something felt different, like we were more alive being around each other. We were making each other very happy just being around each other. It was late after the show and I went to his apartment. We talked more, about some deep topics way late into the night. But It was interesting because I think we both felt and realized there was sometihng different in the air.

The thing is we are so good on so many levels. For me in the past the only element that was missing was there was no spark and I was still in love with my best friend. Now that I am over my friend, I am starting to see Sam in a different light. I wonder if its because he saw I moved on he sees me in a different light too?

Anyone go through something similar? That when they finally move on from someone, others see you in a different light and vice versa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM

I also forgot to mention that he is starting to introduce me a lot more to his friends and family too.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
not going through anything like that.

Just stopped by to say ... enjoy and go with the flow. Seems promising.

And ... don't keep exes around as friends. They are just in the way of new love. No one (ok, except Timberline) wants the ex of their new partner hang around.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
not going through anything like that.

Just stopped by to say ... enjoy and go with the flow. Seems promising.

And ... don't keep exes around as friends. They are just in the way of new love. No one (ok, except Timberline) wants the ex of their new partner hang around.
Thanks.

In regards to the best friend I moved on from, I wouldn't even say he's an ex. Our fling actually was only 3 weeks long to be fair. We "dated" but it we were never official. I mean we had sex like 3 times at most. With that being said, that best friend, with me moving on, if he can't handle someone new in my life that's on him and he can do whatever he wants about that, not talk to me, or whatever. I don't care anymore. I am not even attracted to him anymore at all. No desire to be with him, and even our friendship I am growing tired of, but I also don't believe in cutting people off just like that, unless its necessary.

But yeah, it's been interesting. The dinner I had with my friend (sam) was so different. So interesting. It felt like we were on a date, just the way we were looking at each other in certain ways. It felt really good being around him. He is also a great person too, who recently has come into his own. I think after dating so many different guys I think we both have realized what high quality each of us is and how much respect we have for each other. How much we value for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships