Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess in keeping with the theme of the thread my number 1 unpopular opinion on relationships is why is marriage better than being together, specifically when you've been with someone for a boatload of years and have outlasted most marriages that you know of....

Why is that couple "less than" another couple that paid for a marriage license.
They aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 07:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Another unpopular opinion from a conversation at work last night. I typically won’t ask a woman on a second date if I’m not impressed with her on the first date because I’m not willing to pay for two dates unless I’m absolutely impressed by the woman. If women were more chill with going Dutch, I’d be willing to give a date a second chance to impress me.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:29 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "impressed"?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Another unpopular opinion from a conversation at work last night. I typically won’t ask a woman on a second date if I’m not impressed with her on the first date because I’m not willing to pay for two dates unless I’m absolutely impressed by the woman. If women were more chill with going Dutch, I’d be willing to give a date a second chance to impress me.
That's unpopular? There's nothing wrong with going Dutch.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:58 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "impressed"?
If I liked her so much I wanted to see her again. I know what it’s like to actually want to see someone again. The dates I’ve had this year, I can’t wait to get the hell AWAY from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
This is not a shared sentiment by women by a long shot.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Not unpopular at all. Pretty common, so...maybe he's picking the wrong kind of women.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:25 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,255 times
Not probably unpopular -- but a non-smoker is a must.

Possibly unpopular -- a stupid car/vehicle, one that screams "look at me, look at me", especially with the super loud music and the bass ramped up. Likely an inferiority complex and ain't nobody got time for that.

Old 09-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If I liked her so much I wanted to see her again. I know what it’s like to actually want to see someone again. The dates I’ve had this year, I can’t wait to get the hell AWAY from them.

This is not a shared sentiment by women by a long shot.
I guess really, when dating, I haven't gone Dutch. But I have taken my fair turn paying for both. To me, it seems "moochy" to do otherwise. No one likes a mooch.

My SO and I almost always go Dutch, unless it is a special occasion. That makes sense, because we do not have joint finances.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Marriage will make you happy.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:45 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I think one unpopular opinion I have, is that regardless of the looks or "dating market value" of those involved, interactions just don't have to be all about sex. Flirting is not always an invitation to sex. Sex isn't the end-all, be-all of an interaction between two people whose sexual orientations and attractiveness are vaguely logistically compatible. There are men I like a lot, respect, enjoy hanging out with, even the singer of a band I totally fangirled-out over for a while, and yet I still would not, no matter what, even if they begged me, offered to give me money, just...no matter what, I would not have sex with them. For reasons that mattered to me.

I enjoy sex, I have a good sex life, I've had sex so good I chased it before, but I never assume that sex with someone I have not been with, will be really worthwhile. I assume I'll probably get far more enjoyment from just socializing with that person, than I will from copulating with them. Because that's been the way of it, with most of my encounters.

It feels absurd to me that I'm over here having a fairly open mind about things, I think I am generally sex positive, I sure don't judge anyone for a lot of different things that they do (assuming honesty/consent/legal age/etc) and I'm even up to my eyeballs in the kink scene. Yet somehow I feel like your average everyday person, even some religious prudes, are more obsessed with sex than I am. Especially those for whom the obsession runs to fear. For most people it seems like this BIG HUGE DEAL and for me it just never has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships