Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Sometimes I type too quickly and my posts sometimes help revise my thinking, after the fact, after the edit window has closed.

In retrospect I think the great steak event was inconsequential, she probably thought she could eat the full steak, or maybe she didn't see the petit steak on the menu. People often read too much into the actions of others when you don't really know their thinking. My date is an immigrant and her English is not as good as yours or mine. Maybe she doesn't understand the word 'petit' as applied to steaks. That's French and she isn't.

Life is a learning experience and sometimes you decide later that what you thought or did earlier wasn't the best way to handle it or think about it.

These relationship discussions are a very helpful way of adding to our experience in a way other than learning from our mistakes. Sometimes we make mistakes in these discussions, and learn from them (a better way to learn from mistakes than IRL).
I’m learning an incredible amount from this whole thread. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Me too, TinaTwo. But, then I feel sooooo bad about leaving the guy too soon because I do not want to hurt his feelings. I am torn between what I want, which is to leave, or sparing the feelings of the guy. The latter always wins. A long dinner would be like dog-minutes or -hours to me, and I don't want to be in that position. I typically know within a short amount of time if there is potential, minutes really.
Well I think from now on on the first couple dates I’ll go Dutch so I can order whatever I want no matter how big or small or pricey or not, so I don’t have to feel obligated to sprawl out on the bed at the guys apartment two blocks away. LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You don’t say? I assumed that as well. The only thing is that he mentioned that he’s up front with people and sends rejection texts after dates when he’s not interested, but I haven’t received one as of yet.
Good grief, to be honest I find this to be rather odd and calculatingly cold. Keep us posted please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 10:56 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:

Maybe I need more "few minute" women. It usually costs me about $100 for dinner and drinks. You'd be a money saver. And I wouldn't have to analyze your doggy bag.

Oh please! I'm a man and I'm not going to get all butt hurt if you don't like me upon sight. Maybe I should go for drinks first, and then we won't both have to pretend we're going to the bathroom before we sneak out!
$100, WHAT? If you're paying for both of you, why are you? I am a dutch or bust gal or you buy, then I'll buy. I do not think it's the "man's job" to pay for my meal, unless, of course, he lets me pay for his. Then, okay.

I am trying to extend some common (not very common these days) courtesy and an appropriate degree of sensitivity to the guy's feelings. I can hang for awhile and chat, knowing I can escape soon. Treat others as I may want to be treated thing.

As I tell people, do not use me as a model by which to live your life. I have no idea what I am doing on any given day, and I like it that way. Crazy life!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You don’t say? I assumed that as well. The only thing is that he mentioned that he’s up front with people and sends rejection texts after dates when he’s not interested, but I haven’t received one as of yet.
He didn't literally say rejection text, did he? SLS...maybe this one just isn't meant to be. This just really sounds pretty odd and cold. Not terrible, just...weird?

Old 08-06-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I’m learning an incredible amount from this whole thread. Lol.

Well I think from now on on the first couple dates I’ll go Dutch so I can order whatever I want no matter how big or small or pricey or not, so I don’t have to feel obligated to sprawl out on the bed at the guys apartment two blocks away. LMAO.

Yep, and it's dutch or bust.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:11 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
$100, WHAT? If you're paying for both of you, why are you? I am a dutch or bust gal or you buy, then I'll buy. I do not think it's the "man's job" to pay for my meal, unless, of course, he lets me pay for his. Then, okay.
I'm affluent, Los Angeles is expensive, I like good food. Most of the women I date are foodies (and into fitness so they don't gain weight, like me). My date dinners usually cost me a bit under $100 to a bit over $200. It's my broheim's fault. He hooked me on good food and now it's my mission to spoil women. Maybe it's a subconscious effort to make things difficult for any men who may follow me.

A glass of wine often costs $12. Two glasses each plus tax and tip and we're already about $60. Of course it's cheaper during happy hour. In the cocktail lounge.

Actually one nice woman treated me to dinner on our second date.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I'm affluent, Los Angeles is expensive, I like good food. Most of the women I date are foodies (and into fitness so they don't gain weight, like me). My date dinners usually cost me a bit under $100 to a bit over $200. It's my broheim's fault. He hooked me on good food and now it's my mission to spoil women. Maybe it's a subconscious effort to make things difficult for any men who may follow me.

A glass of wine often costs $12. Two glasses each plus tax and tip and we're already about $60. Of course it's cheaper during happy hour. In the cocktail lounge.

LA. I went there one time and vowed to never darken it's figurative door again. The traffic made me want to drink, and I don't which explains why I have no idea what the cost of alcohol is. I am not sure what a foodie really is, but I ain't that either. GE makes my meals via microwave. Best invention ever. I love, love, love the double cheese burger a McDonalds. Yummy.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:

From reading other posts you’re definitely an expert at this dating stuff. You do sound like you’d be a hard act to follow for quite a few guys.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
The traffic made me want to drink, and I don't which explains why I have no idea what the cost of alcohol is.
See? You already understand what drives us to drink! (traffic) And the saving grace is that you are already drunk by the time the tab arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
From reading other posts you’re definitely an expert at this dating stuff. You do sound like you’d be a hard act to follow for quite a few guys.
LOL, in actuality I play an expert in dating on City-Data forum. IRL I'm just a delusional incel!

I'm kidding. IRL I came out of an inactive period and began OLD in January, and I'm self-employed so I'm not tied to office hours or to bosses. Dating is my biggest interest right now, and when I'm not dating I follow CD's Relationship forum for entertainment.

I have a lot of opinions on dating and enjoy debating them. I'm also learning quite a lot by my participation, even my mistakes.

Oh, and I definitely do not get drunk. My limit is 2 drinks per day.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehound View Post
see? You already understand what drives us to drink! (traffic) and the saving grace is that you are already drunk by the time the tab arrives!

lol, in actuality i play an expert in dating on city-data forum. Irl i'm just a delusional incel!

I'm kidding. Irl i came out of an inactive period and began old in january, and i'm self-employed so i'm not tied to office hours or to bosses. Dating is my biggest interest right now, and when i'm not dating i follow cd's relationship forum for entertainment.

I have a lot of opinions on dating and enjoy debating them. I'm also learning quite a lot by my participation, even my mistakes.

Oh, and i definitely do not get drunk. My limit is 2 drinks per day.

Sounds good.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:

Its a tough act to follow when a guy is affluent and epicurious. Most women I date are content with turkey wraps and pringles for dinner .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships