Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 09:47 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,897,541 times

Advertisements

Inflation is up. $125 per person in NYC for an entree some apps and 3-4 drinks tip not included. A good rated establishment but not Michelin quality. 5 years ago it would be about $75 including tip.

Almost a 100% increase in 5 years the average person gets a 5% raise in a good year so do the math. It won't add up. Good Places even in peak hours are starting to be only 2/3rds full. I see less couples and more groups of single Women taking each other out. Women are earning more than Men and employed more in white collar gigs here in NYC.

Men are staying home with buds drinking Mexican beer eating Chinese takeout and playing Xbox or PS4. Their credit cards are maxed out and they can't afford to play the game anymore.

The restaurant economy here is at least 60% dependent if not more on the largely female driven "foodie" movement. Women are not finding their White shining knighted prince in gold plated armor so they turn to food, and hot yoga/spinning exercise for the sake of eating again. Rinse and repeat.

People need to wake up and look around them. "Oh that's just NYC" isn't an excuse either. It can be a barometer for the rest of the country. If we sneeze you catch a cold. Men are beginning to withdraw from participation in the hamster wheel theatrics. Minimizing, downsizing and disappearing from "social life".

This is why Women in this country are asking "Where are all the good Men". At home dodging hefty dinner date bills that lead to nowhere, potential false allegations and confusing neo feminist gender roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 10:04 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,877,817 times
No, you're the reason.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:05 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,479,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Where can I get dinner for 2, a bottle of wine, and 2 movie tickets for $100???!!!!

Sounds like an amazing deal.
"Dollar show" and McDonald's. Probably could get it all for $20.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:59 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,937,919 times
Every thing one needs to learn about another person can be done in a coffee shop or on long walks .
If money needs to be spent to prove ones worth monetarily , the motive is not love . Can you support me in the manor i am accustomed ?
Doesn't mean debt has nothing to do with it . Poor decisions and the lack of discipline are big issues.
A lot of money does not mean a quality person either, oft times the opposite.
Problem with people now days has me glad to be single again.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,759,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Inflation is up. $125 per person in NYC for an entree some apps and 3-4 drinks tip not included. A good rated establishment but not Michelin quality. 5 years ago it would be about $75 including tip.

Almost a 100% increase in 5 years the average person gets a 5% raise in a good year so do the math. It won't add up. Good Places even in peak hours are starting to be only 2/3rds full. I see less couples and more groups of single Women taking each other out. Women are earning more than Men and employed more in white collar gigs here in NYC.

Men are staying home with buds drinking Mexican beer eating Chinese takeout and playing Xbox or PS4. Their credit cards are maxed out and they can't afford to play the game anymore.

The restaurant economy here is at least 60% dependent if not more on the largely female driven "foodie" movement. Women are not finding their White shining knighted prince in gold plated armor so they turn to food, and hot yoga/spinning exercise for the sake of eating again. Rinse and repeat.

People need to wake up and look around them. "Oh that's just NYC" isn't an excuse either. It can be a barometer for the rest of the country. If we sneeze you catch a cold. Men are beginning to withdraw from participation in the hamster wheel theatrics. Minimizing, downsizing and disappearing from "social life".

This is why Women in this country are asking "Where are all the good Men". At home dodging hefty dinner date bills that lead to nowhere, potential false allegations and confusing neo feminist gender roles.
This lady on Okcupid asked me last week do I have a passport? Lol

Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,479,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
This lady on Okcupid asked me last week do I have a passport? Lol
Yes apparently everyone on OLD has visited damn near every country. I want to do some traveling too but some OLD women are extreme with it.....saw one with like dozen selfies from different countries. Kinda intimidating. I'm still trying to hit 10 U.S. states.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:00 PM

529 posts, read 509,004 times
First date shoukd always be walking around somewhere looking at scenery followed by a nibble to eat and some music.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:25 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,234,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Yes apparently everyone on OLD has visited damn near every country. I want to do some traveling too but some OLD women are extreme with it.....saw one with like dozen selfies from different countries. Kinda intimidating. I'm still trying to hit 10 U.S. states.
Makes a person wonder can they actually afford it or is it living for the moment with no thought for the future?

Old 09-22-2018, 03:15 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,446,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Makes a person wonder can they actually afford it or is it living for the moment with no thought for the future?
I just thought I’d chime in here speaking as an avid traveler myself. You can actually travel to many countries without spending a fortune. I mostly go off-season like fall or spring when prices are often half what they are in the summer. I get notices for cheaper airfares and use these frequently. Not every country is expensive either. Last year we went to Iceland which I admit is very expensive. However, many Asian, South American and Eastern European countries are very reasonable. Spent several nights at Siem Reap near Angkor Wat a few years ago and spent about $30 USD per night at a fabulous hotel that included a full breakfast.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,759,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startingfromscratchagain View Post
First date shoukd always be walking around somewhere looking at scenery followed by a nibble to eat and some music.
That becomes harder when December comes around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships