Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2018, 07:01 PM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How many times must this be explained to people?! The ABILITY to pay isn’t the issue, the EXPECTATION to pay is the damn issue just because by default men have to ask women out. Since we are two strangers meeting, I don’t know why we just can’t cover our OWN plates or do Dutch? What right does a woman have to expect me to pay for her damn dinner just because I asked her out?! If she wasn’t interested she could have just said no and not waste my time.
Because then there is no point in going out with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 07:07 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,761,007 times
I don't have Netflix, can't afford nothing extra right now so it will have to be "Comcast on Demand Chill"

Old 10-04-2018, 07:10 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,761,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Because then there is no point in going out with you.
No one should be meeting for dinner anyway unless the guy suggest it. I have met for dinner the 1st meet because she lived out of town and was driving to meet me so whether it worked out or not the plan was the pay for dinner. If I met a woman who was local then it was a cafe not dinner.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I don't have Netflix, can't afford nothing extra right now so it will have to be "Comcast on Demand Chill"
OMG, every girl's dream date..will you at least be a gentleman and open the bag of Doritos first? Or is it already open from last weekend?

Guys, there are non-demanding date expectations...and then there's a bridge too far.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:16 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,479,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
If you're honest about that and upfront as to why, you may find woman in similar circumstance who's understanding. Maybe.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:17 PM

11,164 posts, read 7,988,370 times
I don’t do first date dinner dates, but if I ask a guy on a date I fully expect to foot the bill. If you can’t afford to take me to dinner... don’t ask me out to dinner and.... then come here and talk **** about me.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:37 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,155,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I can't use them. I have never been able to use them. Casual sex never did anything for me, so I have no use for it. I have specific rules for dating, so that I will never date a woman who hasn't been single --meaning not in a committed relationship -- for at least 6 months, and who has never lived alone (I consider having a girlfriend room-mate during college or after high school and starting their lives to be living alone).

That allows me to avoid relationship-jumpers, women who have zero self-esteem and whose whole world revolves around having a man attached to their hip every second of their lives. I don't have the inclination or time to waste to fix them, or deal with their emotional problems.

Women with low self-esteem will stay in a relationship even when their man is sleeping around, because they are too limited mentally and can't handle not being in a relationship, so any relationship, even a violent one, bad as it may be, is better than no relationship at all in their eyes.

Those are the women most likely to have an STD, and you can reduce your risk dramatically by simply avoiding them.
You clearly do not understand that some diseases persist for years or are incurable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Glad you have it all figured out! But what is the reason that you can’t use condoms? Just curious.
Probably wants the "feel" and is willing to take the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I guess I could but damn pizza now is not cheap lol. A movie ticket is also pricey unless you do Netflix.
Yes, but back then wages were lower. I'll bet if you took wages and the cost of pizza 20 years ago with wages and the cost of pizza today you'd find that it takes just the same amount of work time now or 20 years ago to pay for that pizza.

What people fail to understand is that both wages and prices rise by the same inflation statistics.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:21 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,494,281 times
All of this boils down to: 1) If you don't want to spend money on dates, then don't date. 2) If you want to date, you must be willing to spend money. You cannot have it both ways.

There is a cost to everything in life. Just as you (hopefully) accept that you have to pay for your home, food, clothing, transportation, etc., so you should realize that you have to pay for some of another person's time.

Only you can decide whether dating is worth investing in, in order to meet new people and find someone you like and love, and who feels the same way about you.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
All of this boils down to: 1) If you don't want to spend money on dates, then don't date. 2) If you want to date, you must be willing to spend money. You cannot have it both ways.

There is a cost to everything in life. Just as you (hopefully) accept that you have to pay for your home, food, clothing, transportation, etc., so you should realize that you have to pay for some of another person's time.

Only you can decide whether dating is worth investing in, in order to meet new people and find someone you like and love, and who feels the same way about you.

Exactly. My dating money is just my entertainment money. I'm spending it on something. Last night it was a couple of drinks with someone, if not that, it would have been movie tickets, or entry to a show. Life costs money.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:43 AM

88,680 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Glad you have it all figured out! But what is the reason that you can’t use condoms? Just curious.
I don't know that poster's reason, but I know two young women who are allergic to latex and were in pain from the condom irritating their tissues before they figured it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships