Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 07:48 AM

79 posts, read 105,012 times

Advertisements

i recently saw a cute girl cashier at sears and i asked where the tool section was and i asked for her name and i gave her my name back and then i asked if you want to hang out and she said she was busy with work and i understood went home.

but now im thinking about going back in two weeks to ask for her number im going to buy something first so it's not creepy but i need advice first, should i go back and ask for her number or is her saying that she's busy with work means that she's not interested in me? because she probably thought it means that she can hang out right now. i dont know im very new at this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 07:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Her saying she was busy with work was her saying "no". Leave her alone and move on.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post

but now im thinking about going back in two weeks to ask for her number im going to buy something first so it's not creepy but i need advice first, should i go back and ask for her number or is her saying that she's busy with work means that she's not interested in me? because she probably thought it means that she can hang out right now. i dont know im very new at this.
You should not go back. She is paid to serve you and be friendly. Don’t make her have to risk that by being more firm about the answer she already gave you.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:18 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Her saying she was busy with work was her saying "no". Leave her alone and move on.
Right, if she was even a little bit interested she would have said that she doesn't work Sundays or that she finishes at 8. "I'm busy," is a polite "no."

Old 10-05-2018, 10:07 AM

79 posts, read 105,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, if she was even a little bit interested she would have said that she doesn't work Sundays or that she finishes at 8. "I'm busy," is a polite "no."

got it, another question when i do find someone i like, do i ask her for her number or do i have to keep coming back and ask for her number?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM

45,416 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Be careful about asking any cashier/teller/service employee out. Many companies have rules about dating customers.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:14 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
got it, another question when i do find someone i like, do i ask her for her number or do i have to keep coming back and ask for her number?
You have to wait until you get to know them a little bit, and vice versa, or it won't work.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:16 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Be careful about asking any cashier/teller/service employee out. Many companies have rules about dating customers.
Um, no they don't. You're talking about employees dating employees.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:18 AM

45,416 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Um, no they don't. You're talking about employees dating employees.
Umm, yes they do.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
i recently saw a cute girl cashier at sears and i asked where the tool section was and i asked for her name and i gave her my name back and then i asked if you want to hang out and she said she was busy with work and i understood went home.

Sure go ahead. She will let you know whether she is open to it or not.

Quote:

It's best to ask her for her number the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships