Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 10:01 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Ludicrous, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who fudge their dates of birth on their online profile.

https://www.complex.com/life/2018/11...inder-purposes

Quote:
A Dutch DJ is attempting to legally change his age in order to do better on Tinder. According to The Guardian, Emile Ratelband has started a legal case to lower his age from 69 to 49 years old.

Though the entire internet would tell Ratelbund that he's officially the nicest age, the "positivity guru" says that it's hindering his dating life.

“When I’m on Tinder and it says I’m 69, I don’t get an answer,” Ratelband said. “When I’m 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position.”

Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 PM

777 posts, read 452,941 times
I have found that people who lie about their age on dating sites are willing to lie about other things.

One guy I was dating, supposed to be exclusive, but he was still active on a different dating site. Big surprise, he was lying about his age on that site.

When I later had a nice first meeting with a guy, and later figured out he'd fudged his age, I was done.

Be honest, or GTFO.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:42 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
I have found that people who lie about their age on dating sites are willing to lie about other things.
That's not universally true

Old 11-09-2018, 03:20 AM

192 posts, read 110,058 times
I feel uncomfortable if I have to lie on the dating website but I know not everyone feels the same... That's why I never try/use online dating sites or app!

Old 11-09-2018, 03:53 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Quote:

One guy I was dating, supposed to be exclusive, but he was still active on a different dating site. Big surprise, he was lying about his age on that site.

When I later had a nice first meeting with a guy, and later figured out he'd fudged his age, I was done.

Be honest, or GTFO.

I think you miss the point. If he legally changes his age he wouldn't be lying would he?

Society has gotten to the point where everything else is fluid so why not age? I am thinking of legally changing my age to 65 to retire now lol

Old 11-09-2018, 03:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:

Be honest, or GTFO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That's not universally true
Yep!

I AM a “Long Member”

Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,048,799 times
People who lie are liars.

I'm not talking about exaggerations of what is real. I'm talking about lies about this. A guy who wants to shave 20 years off his age so he can do the antler dance more often is not someone you want to be in the same room with for any reason whatsoever.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I saw something about him in the media recently.

The dude looks like he's in his 60's, He tells someone that he's 49 they're going to laugh in his face.

Keeping an open mind is fine.

One can have such an open mind to the point that one's brain can fall out.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:18 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I saw something about him in the media recently.

The dude looks like he's in his 60's, He tells someone that he's 49 they're going to laugh in his face.

Keeping an open mind is fine.

One can have such an open mind to the point that one's brain can fall out.

Yeah, I took a look at his picture in the article. He looks like he's in his late 60s. Either they will laugh like you said or think he has a serious health issue.

It's amazing to me how so many people in this world are so delusional that they "think" they look younger than they do. People either look in the mirror with rose-colored glasses or they take seriously comments that are insincere, but meant to be polite, "oh, you don't look ___ years old!" .

Old 11-09-2018, 09:25 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Yeah, I took a look at his picture in the article. He looks like he's in his late 60s. Either they will laugh like you said or think he has a serious health issue.

It's amazing to me how so many people in this world are so delusional that they "think" they look younger than they do. People either look in the mirror with rose-colored glasses or they take seriously comments that are insincere, but meant to be polite, "oh, you don't look ___ years old!" .
There's a comedian named Joey Diaz. The guy is pretty funny. He says that he's 55 but "92" in cocaine years.

LOL, he looks literally like he's in his upper 60's, even has the collagen breakdown that you start getting in later years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships