Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:22 AM

625 posts, read 952,977 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

I am 39 years old (soon to be 40), and I met a 54 year old woman on Tinder earlier this year. We texted each other and contacted each other on Facebook messenger. We met each other in person for the first time in late January. We had a lovely dinner on our first date, and we watched two movies on Netflix at her place before we slept together that night. I also met her a second time for dinner in February. But we only met each other in person twice during the two months that we have known each other. I think about her every day. I send her messages asking her how she is doing and I greet her good morning. We will meet again this weekend. She doesn't usually contact me as often, and she even cancelled on me on a Sunday earlier this month. It was over a month since I last saw her. I actually went on a couple dates, because I thought it was over between us. However, last week, she began to reply to my messages more often and I think she is still interested, and we are planning to meet this weekend. But I wonder if she will still contact me and meet me more after this weekend, or will I have to wait another month before I see her again. Honestly, I am afraid of getting hurt emotionally. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Sounds like you need to ask her if she prefers casual or something else...

Old 03-28-2017, 11:29 AM

540 posts, read 363,083 times
Have fun...

Old 03-28-2017, 11:32 AM

1,261 posts, read 972,063 times
I bet she was dating some else while you didn't hear from her much. Youre not exclusive, so no biggie. If you want more, tell her.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,853 times
I suggest you tell her your intentions.

I have a sort of casual guy "friend" who wants total freedom but also wants attention from me constantly. I like him a lot (as a person and otherwise) but will not put an effort into me at all. I don't put lot of energy into guys who aren't into me and showing me that. I put that energy into guys who actually want to see me in person and make some effort to get to know me better.

From your post I cannot tell how much you are leading or conveying.

She might be seeing others. I do the same, even when I really like someone, if his interest is not conveyed by actions.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
You will not know the future with this or any other woman unless you talk to her about it.
If you'd like to see her more often, tell her that and ask her if she's interested.
In the meantime, I wouldn't hang my hat on it being more than it is and it has nothing to do with age.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:06 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
But I wonder if she will still contact me and meet me more after this weekend, or will I have to wait another month before I see her again. Honestly, I am afraid of getting hurt emotionally. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ask her if she's interested in seeing you more often; tell her you'd like that. It may be that she doesn't think you're serious, because you're so much younger. So she may be devoting her time to other things, or the search for other people for a LTR. You need to step up and tell her you'd like something more than what the two of you have currently.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:08 PM

34,093 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I am 39 years old (soon to be 40), and I met a 54 year old woman on Tinder...
I think about her every day.
You misunderstand the nature of tinder
At 39 you should know better.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:45 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
You misunderstand the nature of tinder
At 39 you should know better.
That was my gut thought too. She sounds like she's jus DTF and not more. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:56 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
I thought "the nature of Tinder" had changed, and opened up into more of a dating app. Maybe YMMV, depending on city or whatever, but more people are using it for dating these days. So one can't assume anything about participants' motives. Which is a good reason for the OP to get clarification from the object of his interest, and to clarify his own intentions with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships