Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:04 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,644,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Something showing that she's open to going out? I know one size won't fit all here, wondering about general trends. I keep falling into the thinking that friendliness and chattiness might indicate that she's willing to go out. Most recently this happened at a Christmas Party...swung and missed.

I know that many women resent being asked out just because they were friendly to a guy. What kinds of things should I be looking for instead? "Women who are interested will make it obvious and easy" is what I've extrapolated from comments on here in the past. That doesn't help me when social cues don't come naturally to me. Also, "If she's not interested in you, don't ask her out." I feel like I have a starring role in many of the comments and stories in this thread. I'm done thinking that just because a woman is willing to converse with me that she wants to see a movie or get a cup of coffee. I get it; friendliness is not an indicator of attraction.

So what is?
To minimize the odds of rejection (a very real probability), then cast a 'wide net' with the "attitude".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOUXcyg7Gw

I use an unorthodox approach. (1) For the "target market" aim for the demographic group that is supposed to not date you. In my case, I am a brown Catholic, so I found through trial-and-error that it is actually best to avoid Catholic women. But rather, the white southern belles are usually far more interested - very high relative probability. A white southern belle is not supposed to date a brown Catholic from AZ, so the odds are much higher she'll do it. (2) Ignore everyone. I have found that there are women (not all) who are not used to being ignored, then it actually generates interest. They are so used to being bombarded by "creeps" with unwanted attention that they actually notice a guy who doesn't notice them. This has worked for me unexpectedly in the past. I enjoyed going to "Chick-fil-a" with my southern girlfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 10:24 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Walking with your head down is a good part of the 'greymen' walk; to blend in and not be noticed.

Many guys are far too entrenched in the idea that they need to be body-builders with perfect hair and lots of money before a girl will notice them. That idea is simply false.

If your eyes are smiling and you are easy to engage in conversation, a girl will re-assess 'physical attraction' through-out the conversation.

There are plenty of guys to get dates, that are men who are obese and low-income. They are friendly, outgoing and easy to engage.
A lot of men think if they don't look like Channing Tatum they're screwed when that's not true. My wife is smoking hot (well to me she is). I didn't need to be as good looking as him and I still got the girl. What you say is truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships