Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Norken, your story is heartbreaking to read.

Do you have close friends/family you could ask what's going wrong? I've said this many times on this forum - if I knew you, I could tell you what you're doing wrong.

There are people who know you, and care about you, who could tell you that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 08:32 PM

48 posts, read 41,377 times
Awww your post touched me. Listen, girls are really easy, and they love to talk. I mean REALLY love to talk. All girls. Trust me, I know. Try being just their friend. Get a bunch of girlfriends and just listen to the things they talk about, so you can relate to them better. Don't try to get serious at this point, just observe.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:38 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Yup, pathetic!

Old 01-26-2019, 09:18 PM

574 posts, read 377,283 times
Yeah, it hurts bad to get slammed to the curb. I am certain I hold some kind of record for screwing up sure things. After a dear john letter for my 18th birthday I went into my worst state of mind. I could not seem to get a real girlfriend and worse I had no idea how to close the deal with women who wanted sex. Imagine that, willing and wanting and I could not make it happen.

And looking back it was all as if someone was protecting me. Any of those women could have been my worst night mare. And at total rock bottom I met the lady I would marry. I found my angel, my princess. I had not any long term relationship before that.

Go outside and scream and get it out of your system. In your favor is you are still meeting girls, just not the right one yet. You have to get out of your own head and keep your head looking up. With your head staring at the ground you are likely to miss the angel trying to get your attention. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:24 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
What happened at the 3-month point, that things went south, with the snapchat girl? Everything was great for 3 months, then what? I suspect, from your other comments, that whatever happened, wasn't due to anything you did. It was something going on with her. So don't beat yourself up about it. You just haven't met the right girl yet.

And ignore friends and family members who give you a hard time about this. That's not what friends and family are supposed to do; they're supposed to support you. Maybe look for some new friends, and tell your family members to knock it off.

Levels77, the earlier poster, was right; go out and exercise. Go to the gym, and push your anger and frustration into a weight routine, play some basketball with friends, or whatever. Exerting yourself until you're tired will help you feel better.

Good luck. It takes time for life to come together for a lot of people. Even the guys who look like they have it together, go through breakups, or end up having a kid they hand't planned for, and go through all kinds of stuff. At least you haven't done anything to screw up majorly.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:41 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norken View Post
Hi.

Sitting at home just freaking tragicaly feeling sorry for myself. Pathetic.

I am 27 years old guy, never had a truly serious long term relationship. Friends/family mocking me for this as well.

I got so extremely heartbroken at 17 by a girl who rejected me that I had problems getting ovet this. Had msny short term flings till I was 26. Then I met what I though was the perfect woman, things went great for 3 months, then straight to hell. I deleted all her contactinfo. (3 months ago) I have been going a bit rouge after this with lots of partying etc but we accidentally met up 3 weeks ago at a newyearsparty. She said she was now seeing some guy, but somehow she was added on my snapchat again.

I started seing this new girl who I really did not care too much for but anyway she blew me off on yesterday as well

I am sitting alone on this saturday just feeling deflated and to top it off this previous girl(froø.tjree months ago) just posted a mystory of herself making out with her new guy.

I just realised that love is not for me. I just dont ****ing understand why I keep screwing things up.
I guess I should just give up and go live in a cave somewhere. I am so extremely tired of getting my heart broken every single time. Soon there is no more heart to break.
You’re trying too hard, live your life and love will eventually be found. You’re also making too big a deal over your situation.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:35 AM

41 posts, read 23,055 times
Hey and thanks for all your support.

About training, I do strength training 5 days a week and I eat very healthy, so this have helped me alot with my energy etc, I have only been at it for 2 months, but I have no intention of stopping.

Funny thing when you guys say if i could offload or talk to friends, but I have been asked so many times by my girl friends: "whyy dont you have a gf? Its so strange. You shooould have a gf!!"

I do have my life sorted out very well. I own a huge house, I have steady fulltime job where I am highly appriciated, I have a car and boat, no debts (except loan on house ofc)
I have tons of hobbies which I love, playing guitar, cooking, making my own meat, boating, fishing, training etc.
I love being outdoors in nature with tents and go hunting etc.
We luckily have lots of outdoors things to go to here in Norway so thats a good thing!

I am not the most psychically attractive guy for sure, so this is also something that stresses me when I am talking with women. I am however a pretty smart guy at least..

Just so frustrating that I dont have anyone now in my life. I feel very stressed about getting older as well. It gets real quiet in a big empty house for sure.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:35 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
True, no one likes rejection. What you wrote sounds as though you get emotionally invested early. As in, way too early.

Will you please clarify, the girl who broke your heart when you were 17 by rejecting you, what does that mean, specifically? Did she reject a first date?
I agree.

If you ever went hunting you sit in a blind waiting for the right deer to come along.

When you finally spot one you may be so excited that you scare it away.

Relax. You pretend like you don’t notice it as to perhaps mess things up.

You have to play it cool. Let her come to you. Oh you’re watching and ready, you are just waiting.

Most often women like mysterious guys. Always something they are learning about you.

What ever you do never vent about past relationships from when you were 17.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:

About training, I do strength training 5 days a week and I eat very healthy, so this have helped me alot with my energy etc, I have only been at it for 2 months, but I have no intention of stopping.

Funny thing when you guys say if i could offload or talk to friends, but I have been asked so many times by my girl friends: "whyy dont you have a gf? Its so strange. You shooould have a gf!!"

I do have my life sorted out very well. I own a huge house, I have steady fulltime job where I am highly appriciated, I have a car and boat, no debts (except loan on house ofc)
I have tons of hobbies which I love, playing guitar, cooking, making my own meat, boating, fishing, training etc.
We luckily have lots of outdoors things to go to here in Norway so thats a good thing!

I am not the most psychically attractive guy for sure, so this is also something that stresses me when I am talking with women. I am however a pretty smart guy at least..

Just so frustrating that I dont have anyone now in my life. I feel very stressed about getting older as well. It gets real quiet in a big empty house for sure.
Get a dog.

He will help you be compassionate and caring.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:52 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Quote:

Sounds like me -- well better, since I have debt and you don't and you have a lot hobbies. Only consolation I can offer is: You get used to it. In fact a few months from now, you might come back here and can't believe you started this thread.

Keep up the good work with new health routine and don't beat yourself over stuff. There are a ton of people who have had more 'relationships' than you, who wish they have the things you have going for yourself -- especially in these uncertain economic times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships