Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 07:24 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,121,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Presumptuous and untrue.

I know lots of people who have met at meetups. It depends on the quality of the group itself.

But it also depends on where you live, where I live he would be right about who shows up to the (singles based) meetups, mostly over weight or single mothers. but my cousins in southern California go to meetups and it's a whole other story(even though my cousins don't see it that way) geological perception filter lol. and though I don't like the number system, it is useful for description, a so-cal, Miami or Hawaii 6 or 7 would be an 8,9 or 10 throughout the rest of the country based on the sheer number of attractive women in those regions in their general populations. sort of like a guy who owns 3 used car lots in Tulsa who is viewed as rich would be considered merely middle class in brentwood and have the smallest house there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So where do all of the attractive single females go?

Where ever they want to. they don't need to stack the deck(going to places where they are more likely to find single people), single people seek them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dude, you're young. Go to parties, go to shows, just get out there. The social scene is full of single women at your age.

Problem is that in those places not ALL of the people are single, so there is alot of wasted time barking up wrong tree's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,104,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Those groups are not good for finding a decent person to date. They are full of losers in my opinion. You can always go to the site and look at the photos. No attractive single females go to meet ups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Not meetups with no purpose but to meet people or for dating. Maybe in some cases if it is for some specific interest like running or anything else. The people lack quality in terms of looks and socially.
LOL. You moon-walked back from your original post.

In NYC, meet-ups are a great way to find a date.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:42 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Where ever they want to. they don't need to stack the deck(going to places where they are more likely to find single people), single people seek them out.

Problem is that in those places not ALL of the people are single, so there is alot of wasted time barking up wrong tree's.
So you’ll only ever find unattractive people at places/events where single people go to meet other single people because attractive people don’t need to go there. But if you try to meet people at non-singles events, you’ll have to deal with the fact that they might not actually be single, so that’s not good either. Got it.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post

No there isn't. They'll be out being social, forming a social group, that has huge benefits. Most people I dated in my 20s were people I met at parties (being social) or through hanging with people I knew (being social) and I developed many life long friendships along the way. In addition, non single people do become single at some point more often than not.

Finding people to date is not a hunter stalking prey. It's forming a social connection.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 533 times
Wel am new here, and I believe am pretty much enough to find a perfect man, but am not being lucky enough. You can add me on hangout to chat m and also see my pic huntinghugs@gmail.com add me on hangout

Old 02-06-2019, 11:10 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,121,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No there isn't. They'll be out being social, forming a social group, that has huge benefits. Most people I dated in my 20s were people I met at parties (being social) or through hanging with people I knew (being social) and I developed many life long friendships along the way. In addition, non single people do become single at some point more often than not.

Finding people to date is not a hunter stalking prey. It's forming a social connection.

Nope it's forming a romantic connection, you see not everyone values platonic connections, many people don't value romantic connections either, some of us value one and not the other.

I find romantic connections blissful(while they are going well), platonic connections emotionally&mentally exhausting from beginning to end.

You obviously get something out of said "life long friendships" I don't, and while I do have friends they are not people I hang out with on a regular basis.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,718,069 times
I think you should try it and see how it turns out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships