Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 10:19 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times

Advertisements

You have hit the stage of your marriage that led to the demise of mine. Once i stopped making effort it all went to hell, there were times afterwards where i could've turned it around, but it would have to have been me once again making the sacrifices, I didn't read all the responses but i know a lot of people have slammed you because he was the exact same person you married and how dare you expect him to change. But people do change, and you either evolve together or apart.

Where your situation differs from mine is that not once did my ex make an attempt to reconnect. He sat across from me and told me that even though he loved me, he couldn't bring himself to do what he knew he needed to do. He knew his efforts would be temporary and just prolong the inevitable, so it was easier to call it quits early on than draw out the pain in front of our children. Even so, I was still blasted by friends and family and blamed for my divorce, he was the good guy and i was the b***h.

You will likely get ripped apart for your last post, but i understand you, and i understand what it feels like when you finally give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Good luck on your life journey, OP.

I hope you find and learn to give yourself the inner peace and happiness you need.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:34 AM

801 posts, read 615,644 times
You're doing fine. Tread water for now and keep on building YOU up. <3

CL is really helpful... the archives (and comments) are full of good topics for standing up for yourself, whether he's cheated or not. https://www.chumplady.com/2012/07/fi...ith-a-cheater/

Old 05-21-2019, 10:47 AM

12 posts, read 11,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
You have hit the stage of your marriage that led to the demise of mine. Once i stopped making effort it all went to hell, there were times afterwards where i could've turned it around, but it would have to have been me once again making the sacrifices, I didn't read all the responses but i know a lot of people have slammed you because he was the exact same person you married and how dare you expect him to change. But people do change, and you either evolve together or apart.

Where your situation differs from mine is that not once did my ex make an attempt to reconnect. He sat across from me and told me that even though he loved me, he couldn't bring himself to do what he knew he needed to do. He knew his efforts would be temporary and just prolong the inevitable, so it was easier to call it quits early on than draw out the pain in front of our children. Even so, I was still blasted by friends and family and blamed for my divorce, he was the good guy and i was the b***h.

You will likely get ripped apart for your last post, but i understand you, and i understand what it feels like when you finally give up.
Thank you for your kind words.

I’m sorry to hear about your marriage. I’m glad you finally had the courage to leave. I know how it feels like to be the bad guy in a relationship. Since he’s apathetic, people think he’s the cool calm one and I’m the emotional demanding b****. Maybe I am. Maybe I ask too much or maybe he gives too little.

If my husband said to me what yours did, he would be totally erased from my world. I hope you are doing better now, with someone else or on your own.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Good luck on your life journey, OP.

I hope you find and learn to give yourself the inner peace and happiness you need.
Thank you so much. Even a little kindness by way of words from a stranger turns on the tap 😭

Old 05-21-2019, 11:29 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Sorry, I agree with others who said its your fault. You pursued a man who really wasnt much interested in you. Remember the lessons you learned and move on.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:13 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
So your definition of love is how much people in relationships post about each other on social media and showing off in front of other people?

That's odd.

Sorry about your situation.
Not really. People need to be validated that they are loved and cared for. One way that happens is outward displays of that love. It can be a nice piece of jewelry, a date, or PDA. Or an IG post about your date night. Personally I'm of the opinion that I'd like to keep my private life private but I can see its important to my wife.

Think of it this way. If you and your spouse went to a Baseball game and the Kiss Cam came and he didn't kiss you wouldn't you feel put out? If your spouse wouldn't hold your hand in public, or kiss you goodbye on an airplane?

I agree she may be being immature or something. If he has three pictures of his family on Social media but only has 10 pictures total and four of them are memes, maybe she ought to realize that's not his love language. But if he's active there...that's different.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Not really. People need to be validated that they are loved and cared for. One way that happens is outward displays of that love. It can be a nice piece of jewelry, a date, or PDA. Or an IG post about your date night. Personally I'm of the opinion that I'd like to keep my private life private but I can see its important to my wife.

Think of it this way. If you and your spouse went to a Baseball game and the Kiss Cam came and he didn't kiss you wouldn't you feel put out? If your spouse wouldn't hold your hand in public, or kiss you goodbye on an airplane?

I agree she may be being immature or something. If he has three pictures of his family on Social media but only has 10 pictures total and four of them are memes, maybe she ought to realize that's not his love language. But if he's active there...that's different.
He has tons of pictures... of himself, our kids, other people and things, places, random stuff. He knows how I feel about it. I think its his way of mocking me... making me feel less than him.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:42 AM

About this social media crap, in a way, I feel like it’s his mom’s doing. She’s the one who told him not to post pictures of ys when we were still dating. Her reason was because his ex-wife might see.

He wasn’t divorced yet when we met, but they had been separated a long time with no contact. She was dating another guy, who cause md their breakup.

I don’t know what’s wrong with his mom, but she seems to want trouble for us. She prevented us from posting pictures saying the ex-wife might see... MEANWHILE, ex-wife had no reservations posting pictures of her bf.... even of them tongue-to-tongue.

Now, they’re divorced and we’re married, MIL seems to favor ex-wife. She says bad things about her, like how much they didn’t like her and based on the court papers, she didn’t like them and couldn’t stand his family either.

I thought they were great at first, until I came to realize what they were doing. They want to make me feel less than the ex-wife. Even though they always said she was horrible. Now I know what probably made ex-wife horrible. They drove her mad with their snide remarks and insinuations.

They said she would get mad wild and mope and cry around the house, wanting to leave, and that they didn’t understand what her problem was. MIL said they never did anything to her.

Now I find myself raging and crying and getting angry the smallest things because of stuff they say and do. They, especially MIL, makes me feel like I’m no good. I think I now understand why the ex-wife was the way she was.

So now husband (and MIL) is trying to make me feel less. And its working. I hate them.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwife View Post
Now I find myself raging and crying and getting angry the smallest things because of stuff they say and do. They, especially MIL, makes me feel like I’m no good. I think I now understand why the ex-wife was the way she was.

So now husband (and MIL) is trying to make me feel less. And its working. I hate them.
You need to make plans to get out of the house, or get him out, as soon as possible.

Second Saturday is a free divorce workshop that helps women prepare for divorce. Check this link to read about it and find a workshop in your area.

https://www.secondsaturday.com/locations/

Start planning to make the separation official. There is a lot to do, and it's a million times more difficult to do when you're in the same house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships