Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 06:54 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,010,700 times

Advertisements

She doesn’t like you Bro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 07:51 PM

203 posts, read 143,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyumaynotknow View Post
This is what a woman said to me after talking a dating for a few months.
She said she can’t commit to anyone at this moment, but herself and her career.

Is there a way to swoop her up and tell her to give it a shot?
I was in a situation like this before.
I wanted to date but not that guy and I brought so many excuses.
It is just how she feels and she may changes her mind later.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,992,220 times
OP what was your response to her comment? Did you object or say something like "that's crazy"?

Old 06-27-2019, 09:55 PM

3,675 posts, read 1,635,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
james112 will be along in a minute to give you a play-by-play on how, but I wouldn't recommend it.
You know me too well Birdie! However, in this case she is telling him it's over. And he must respect that and leave her alone. He should say something like "Hey thanks what we shared and I hope you career takes off. " And then he leaves her alone.

This is different from guys having problems with their gf's. When a women wants to stop dating the guy must respect that. Recovery is too late. I will say this, I'd bet his dating skills got sloppy. He was either needy, seeking approval, texting too much, or something like that and was not in touch with her feelings.

He must not contact her again. It's up to her to contact him if she ever wants.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:38 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,424,301 times
9 times outta 10 (or more), it's an excuse to let you down easy. Fact is, she doesn't like you enough to want to continue dating you.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:42 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,739,979 times
Quote:

No. She is being truthful. You have two choices. Wait for her until she gets the “right” time (which btw is probably never or after she had a few kids and the other guy walked into the sunset and needs a guy to help her) or you simply move on. If a woman told me that I would simply move on. I’m not going to expend the effort to convince her. There are plenty of women out there

Old 06-29-2019, 07:24 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,519,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
If a woman told me that I would simply move on.
yes. and that's when they usually get interested again.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:28 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,398,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
you can be sure because if she was really into you she would figure out how to make it the right time. I suspect like someone else says, she does want to let you down easy. So she doesn't dislike you as a buddy, but she isn't in to you as mr. Right. Just take it for what it is, and move on. Be glad she was honest and forthright enough to tell you rather than string it along.
this

Old 07-05-2019, 04:02 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
If you gave her the tingles, she'd find time for you. I'll bet she has lots of available time for the guys that do.

Don't be the simp that takes her out to dinner to "catch up", changes her oil, or paints her bedroom (to cover all the palm-prints on her wall).

Best response to her - "I'd like to, but I just started seeing someone and it is going pretty well".

NEXT.
Lol...

Old 07-05-2019, 04:07 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,645 times
Quote:

No... she can’t commit to YOU because Larry Longdick somehow came into the picture and is rocking her world...

You also might be coming across too needy since she is basically saying she needs space for herself... its okay to feel the desire for a committed relationship if that’s what you want but it’s not with this girl so start dating other women so at the very least it will take your mind a little more off her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships