Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times

Advertisements

I’ve been talking to a girl for a few days so it’s still of course very early on but we asked about each other’s pasts and she said that she had been single for 7 months and told me about this ex. But I recently found out from a mutual friend that she was in a relationship with a guy that she really liked a little over a month ago but it was a very bad breakup. What do people think? Is she possibly not over him yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 02:09 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Just a few days? Sheesh? What's the rush? At least give her a month before condemning her! She doesn't know/trust you enough to expose what you yourself stated was probably a painful situation. She's being cautious. Are you so certain you heard the truth from that other gossiper?

Old 10-06-2021, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
Yeah I guess that’s why I don’t feel like it’s right to ask her about it yet, but I was just curious to hear people’s opinions on it! And yes it is true, apparently it was a long distance relationship which is why it failed

Old 10-06-2021, 02:16 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,041,499 times
Your post is a little confusing. She did tell you about "this" ex. Was it the one your friend told you about? Yeah yall are too new to be worrying about stuff like this unless she continually tells you things you can't trust or believe.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:19 PM

45,350 posts, read 60,534,984 times
It's not supposed to be this hard.

Is she over him? Who knows. Maybe she just wants to put it behind her and not even think about it. Or maybe doesn't want you to think that it's so soon after she's not over him.

Text her and ask.

Old 10-06-2021, 02:23 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon1895 View Post
I’ve been talking to a girl for a few days so it’s still of course very early on but we asked about each other’s pasts and she said that she had been single for 7 months and told me about this ex. But I recently found out from a mutual friend that she was in a relationship with a guy that she really liked a little over a month ago but it was a very bad breakup. What do people think? Is she possibly not over him yet?
Are you sure you didn't misunderstand her?

Could it have been that she was in a 7 month relationship that ended a little over a month ago?

Could it also be that the most recent "break up" wasn't really a "relationship" in her eyes?

Just some food for thought...

Old 10-06-2021, 02:31 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
She probably doesn't consider the last guy a "relationship"....

You've been talking to her for a few days. There's probably a bit in people's pasts that they are not willing to lay on the table for someone they just met.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:38 PM

6,861 posts, read 4,856,991 times
Quote:
Yeah I guess that’s why I don’t feel like it’s right to ask her about it yet, but I was just curious to hear people’s opinions on it! And yes it is true, apparently it was a long distance relationship which is why it failed

Was it one of those long distance relationships where the people have never met? Those are not real relationships. They just aren't.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:48 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Just a few days and worried about this one thing? Sheesh, talk about overthinking and overreacting to things.

Who here hasn't told a lie or fudged things a bit when talking to people? The OP could also have misinterpreted things as well.

The only thing that matters here is that the OP meets with this girl IN PERSON sooner than later, and go from there. Like E-Twist alludes to, none of this internet girlfriend nonsense.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:58 AM

58 posts, read 31,892 times
Quote:
Personally, I'd wait to start anything up with this girl. You don't want to end up being a rebound or anything. I believe she's not over him, and her trying to get back in, to me, is a bit of red flag. It seems too soon. Plus how do you know if this girl was being truthful to that mutual friend about the breakup? And not to sound too nosey, but all have you and this girl been talking about?

Reason I ask is another potential red flag is if she's asking how much you make at work or if she's trying to heal or fix herself, that typically means she isn't. Not that they can't take time to actually reevaluate themselves and make positive changes in their lives, but the proclamation is unnecessary and it's bait for those poor guys who are too trusting (even though they may be good guys) to believe it. So don't get suckered into anything, if she has said such things. She may still be with that guy or, at least, in contact with him, indicating she wants him back. I've seen this before because I've been through a similar situation. Take it very slow and be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships