Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 07:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times

Advertisements

WTF is "cuddling"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 08:06 AM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
I met a guy a few years ago and we hit it off. I thought there was a lot of chemistry and had a good time with him when we were together. However it never progressed to a relationship and we never even got physical. One thing though was that he always wanted me to come to his place and cuddle, even though I would suggest date ideas. Or he would ask me then cancel.

Then one day he cancels on me and we don't get together again despite me reaching out. So I look at his social media and it seemed he had several women interested. Oh well I delete his number and move on.

Cut to a few months ago when he showed up on several of my social media accounts. He was liking me and my posts. At first I just ignored him. He continued to do that and match with me on sites. Then out of pure curiosity I liked him back and he messaged me that he missed me and wanted to talk. So he asks me to come over for dinner and cuddling and tells me he's not dating anyone. But looking at his social media it seems like there is someone else.

But really that doesn't matter because since then he's gone back to being unavailable and canceling plans. I really was hoping because he said he missed me that things would be different and start progressing. I was really hoping this would develop into a relationship. Should I tell him this? Or should I just delete his number again or something else?
Are you really conflicted about this? If you are, I doubt you will follow our advice anyway.

Old 09-22-2022, 04:12 PM

6,468 posts, read 3,985,300 times
Dude was a flake. What was so great about him that you're still into him enough that you're willing to be flaked out on again months later?

I mean, he flaked out on you, you figured out it was because of other women... now he's back. Probably because those other women dumped him and he had to hope he still had you on the back burner. This is what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
How can I tell him I don't want to just come over and hang out. I already suggested date ideas and that doesn't work.
You trying to suggest other things to do WAS you telling him you don't just want to come over and hang out. The two of you clearly want different things; how do you suppose that will bode for a relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships