Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 08:22 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,469 times

Advertisements

I met a guy a few years ago and we hit it off. I thought there was a lot of chemistry and had a good time with him when we were together. However it never progressed to a relationship and we never even got physical. One thing though was that he always wanted me to come to his place and cuddle, even though I would suggest date ideas. Or he would ask me then cancel.

Then one day he cancels on me and we don't get together again despite me reaching out. So I look at his social media and it seemed he had several women interested. Oh well I delete his number and move on.

Cut to a few months ago when he showed up on several of my social media accounts. He was liking me and my posts. At first I just ignored him. He continued to do that and match with me on sites. Then out of pure curiosity I liked him back and he messaged me that he missed me and wanted to talk. So he asks me to come over for dinner and cuddling and tells me he's not dating anyone. But looking at his social media it seems like there is someone else.

But really that doesn't matter because since then he's gone back to being unavailable and canceling plans. I really was hoping because he said he missed me that things would be different and start progressing. I was really hoping this would develop into a relationship. Should I tell him this? Or should I just delete his number again or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 09:42 PM

6,851 posts, read 4,850,706 times
I think giving it another chance would be like a dog eating its own vomit. If he really misses you and wants to talk to you he'd be asking you out on a date, not to his house for dinner and sex. Oh, sorry, cuddle. Just a cuddle. Yeah, we all know what is utmost on his mind - cuddling.

Look, if you just want to go have sex with him do it. But there's probably a good reason why he's not in a stable relationship. If you are okay to forego a relationship and just have sex, by all means get a hold of him and tell him that's all you are wanting from him. He'd probably be available again.

His character seems great, going back to being unavailable and cancelling. Probably he would be perfect for you, right? If you had a friend asking you what to do in the same situation would you tell her to contact him and tell him how much she wanted to have an actual relationship?

Old 09-21-2022, 09:53 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I think giving it another chance would be like a dog eating its own vomit. If he really misses you and wants to talk to you he'd be asking you out on a date, not to his house for dinner and sex. Oh, sorry, cuddle. Just a cuddle. Yeah, we all know what is utmost on his mind - cuddling.

Look, if you just want to go have sex with him do it. But there's probably a good reason why he's not in a stable relationship. If you are okay to forego a relationship and just have sex, by all means get a hold of him and tell him that's all you are wanting from him. He'd probably be available again.

His character seems great, going back to being unavailable and cancelling. Probably he would be perfect for you, right? If you had a friend asking you what to do in the same situation would you tell her to contact him and tell him how much she wanted to have an actual relationship?
We haven't had sex other than a bit of hand play. But just basically cuddling. How can I tell him I don't want to just come over and hang out. I already suggested date ideas and that doesn't work.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:10 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Go for it, girl, give him another chance.

What else are you going to do to fill the void if you decide to tell him to take a hike and move on?

Old 09-21-2022, 11:37 PM

6,851 posts, read 4,850,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
We haven't had sex other than a bit of hand play. But just basically cuddling. How can I tell him I don't want to just come over and hang out. I already suggested date ideas and that doesn't work.
So.....he doesn't want to date you. He wants you to come over. It's not rocket science. It's obviously his way or the highway. If you are okay with it go for it. If you aren't, block him and forget about him. Maybe you should get some counseling about how to make decisions.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:37 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
Quote:

If you really want to give him another chance tell him your offer for a date stands and to call you if he's interested. Then the ball is in his court. That's his second chance. He doesn't have to take it if he doesn't want to.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:50 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
Quote:
I met a guy a few years ago and we hit it off. I thought there was a lot of chemistry and had a good time with him when we were together. However it never progressed to a relationship and we never even got physical. One thing though was that he always wanted me to come to his place and cuddle, even though I would suggest date ideas. Or he would ask me then cancel.

Then one day he cancels on me and we don't get together again despite me reaching out. So I look at his social media and it seemed he had several women interested. Oh well I delete his number and move on.

Cut to a few months ago when he showed up on several of my social media accounts. He was liking me and my posts. At first I just ignored him. He continued to do that and match with me on sites. Then out of pure curiosity I liked him back and he messaged me that he missed me and wanted to talk. So he asks me to come over for dinner and cuddling and tells me he's not dating anyone. But looking at his social media it seems like there is someone else.

But really that doesn't matter because since then he's gone back to being unavailable and canceling plans. I really was hoping because he said he missed me that things would be different and start progressing. I was really hoping this would develop into a relationship. Should I tell him this? Or should I just delete his number again or something else?
If you need to put this much effort into it, I would let it go. All of the signs are there for someone who is either not very interested in you or has enough issues to prevent him from committing to a relationship. Move on. Seriously.

Old 09-22-2022, 05:52 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Go for it, girl, give him another chance.

What else are you going to do to fill the void if you decide to tell him to take a hike and move on?
Why does she need to fill a void at all. Many of my happiest years was when I was in no relationship at all. Not everyone needs someone to be happy.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:52 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,231,767 times
You already gave him a second chance and he did what he did the first time...disappeared.

You want to keep doing the same thing and hope it has a different outcome ?

Old 09-22-2022, 07:20 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Well, you said he's got you on ignore again, right? So there's nothing to tell him at this point. But if he does reach out again, a basic "Not interested" should suffice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships