Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,100 times

Advertisements

hi, so i dated a girl 4 times, i think if she agrees to meet 4 times she probably liked me i dont know, but till the last date i didnt touched her once and in the final date as we was in a restaurant she wanted to show me a funny game on her phone and came to sit next to me, so i put my hand on her leg and second one on her wraist. This was for like 1-2 minutes then she went back to her chair in the restaurant, at the end of the night we still had good mood laughing and joking alot, i parket my car where i had to leave her, but before she left we watched 2-3 funny videos in youtube, and as we watched it started touching her leg again but this time even touched her neck and hair, she did freeze literally, i thought it was because she liked it , after i left her i texted her if she got home safe and we wished good night to each other (she even liked mine with a heart), but 2 days after that when i texted her to meet again she said, she doesnt want to have relationship with me. So i can live with the rejection, but i dont want to leave this and thinking that she just got scared of me , although i really respected her and didn`t want to harm her in any way. Any advise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 12:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Did you make eye contact with her while you were touching her? So you could see her response and know you had her permission? Or did you just start groping her while pretending to be engaged in something else?

Anyway you have your answer. I think your approach was clumsy and impersonal.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:08 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie467 View Post
hi, so i dated a girl 4 times, i think if she agrees to meet 4 times she probably liked me i dont know, but till the last date i didnt touched her once and in the final date as we was in a restaurant she wanted to show me a funny game on her phone and came to sit next to me, so i put my hand on her leg and second one on her wraist. This was for like 1-2 minutes then she went back to her chair in the restaurant, at the end of the night we still had good mood laughing and joking alot, i parket my car where i had to leave her, but before she left we watched 2-3 funny videos in youtube, and as we watched it started touching her leg again but this time even touched her neck and hair, she did freeze literally, i thought it was because she liked it , after i left her i texted her if she got home safe and we wished good night to each other (she even liked mine with a heart), but 2 days after that when i texted her to meet again she said, she doesnt want to have relationship with me. So i can live with the rejection, but i dont want to leave this and thinking that she just got scared of me , although i really respected her and didn`t want to harm her in any way. Any advise?
If you were acting normally and she just didn't like it, then it was for other reasons that she doesn't want to pursue a relationship with you. It could be for a lot of reasons and have nothing personal to do with you or your dates. I would just accept it, no more contact with her and just move on.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:19 PM

6,875 posts, read 4,877,055 times
Perhaps you should text her saying that you would like to know where you went wrong so that you don't make the same mistake on future dates with others. Only she knows why she decided she didn't want to continue to date you. There could be other reasons, which is why I say ask her.

I also suggest try holding a hand before going for the thigh or an arm around the waist. And remember that all women are different. Someone else may have been okay with the move, especially considering it was a fourth date.

Better luck next time.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:34 PM

85 posts, read 46,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie467 View Post
I dont think you did anything wrong unless you were super creepy about it. 4 dates...someone has to make the move. Maybe the problem is her.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:37 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Perhaps you should text her saying that you would like to know where you went wrong so that you don't make the same mistake on future dates with others. Only she knows why she decided she didn't want to continue to date you. There could be other reasons, which is why I say ask her.

I also suggest try holding a hand before going for the thigh or an arm around the waist. And remember that all women are different. Someone else may have been okay with the move, especially considering it was a fourth date.

Better luck next time.
Yup. Hand on leg (twice) can come across creepy.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Not every date is meant to work out. You went on a few dates and she took a pass. I'm sorry. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2022, 01:52 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yup. Hand on leg (twice) can come across creepy.
First date maybe but the 4th date?

Doesn't sound too creepy to me.

Of course it depends on where the hand was placed, but by the fourth time being together some physical touching would be expected.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:18 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times
I doubt that it was you, her boyfriend probably just got out of prison and she doesn't need your company anymore.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:04 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Yeah I agree with RubyandPearl above.

If she had genuine attraction to the OP, she would long ago have given clear signals. She certainly wouldn't have frozen and stiffened on the fourth date by a hand on her thigh, IF in fact she was attracted to him.

If I were the OP I'd let it go and move on. Does he think he will get an honest answer from her if he texts her asking why she is no longer interested? Even if she does reply back, it will be a typical canned response of "it's not you, it's just me," and other such excuses.

The mistake the OP made is right there in his second sentence. He believes that if a girl goes on a date with a guy 4 times, she must like him in a romantic way. Speaking from experience, this is absolutely not a guarantee. Some women continue to date a man she is not attracted to for things like getting free meals, a free therapy session, being bored and lonely, so on. He appeared to have misread this woman, and he also says he didn't know if she really liked him.

This is why it's imperative to properly read a girl's physical and verbal cues early on in the courtship, and within a few days act on it if you think it is genuine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships