Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 02:36 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Ego is really what it's all about.

*I* deserve... (admiration, being wanted, attention, feeling sexy, feeling worthy...)
*I* want...(admiration, being wanted, attention, feeling sexy, feeling worthy...)
*I* should have...(admiration, being wanted, attention, feeling sexy, feeling worthy...)

Too many times these days, if that if someone feels that they want, deserve, or should have, admiration, being wanted, attention, feeling sexy, feeling worthy, that they "should" automatically HAVE those things...

...regardless of who they are as people.
yes, that's what I meant - you are just better with words

Old 10-27-2022, 02:38 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Women who aren't getting enough sexual attention will sometimes seek it elsewhere while maintaining the primary relationship, yes.

PS Women are not all the same.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:53 PM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
I had a good friend who had a number of affairs. A few of them she referred to her as "soul mate", but she had two or three "soul mates" while she was married, so I think that's just how she justified her cheating. No beauty queen, either, and quite overweight, but very outgoing and personable.

She had to travel for her job, and that's how she was able to get away with it. The men with whom she had affairs were usually also involved in the events she set up (she was a meeting planner for large corporations), so the lighting guy, etc., were who she met, others who were there to make these events happen.

She did love her husband, but I knew she was frustrated with him as an unequal partner. They had a severely handicapped kid and a daughter with a learning disability as well as healthy kid they had late, and her husband pretty much let her bring in most of the income, take care of all the medical issues, deal with the schools, etc., while he stayed in the background and provided very little support, either emotionally or helping her take on some of the responsibilities.

Then one day I was over her house when she was packing for a trip. She had pulled out the suitcase, and inside a pocket found a condom wrapper. The last time the suitcase had been used was by her husband, who would go alone on photography trips to photograph certain types of barns and bridges (he was a professional photographer). She said, "And I can't say a damn thing to him about it."

She died suddenly in her early fifties. As far as I know, the last affair she had was with someone with whom she had a brief physical affair who was living with a woman in another state, and for a time after that, they would do phone sex.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:04 PM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Thinking of my friends....I don't think most of the women I know would tell even their best friend if they were cheating.
I wouldn't. I never cheated on my husband when I was married, though, but I did have another relationship subsequent to my divorce that no one ever knew about except him and me. If I HAD ever cheated, no one would have ever known. I have secrets I will take to my grave.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:25 PM

24,595 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
One of my married guy friend's went to a convention met a woman there and had sex with her. But the thing is that he said he is completely happy with his wife and has no intention nor no desire of leaving her, this was just a one time thing that happened mostly because the opportunity happened and he went for it. He feels a little guilty about doing it, but decided he just isn't going to mention it to his wife.

But that had me thinking do women do that too? Or is cheating about problems in primary relationships for women. Off hand I can't think of any woman who has cheated where there weren't some issues she was having in the relationship where her needs weren't being met, but people often don't want to talk about cheating too. What do women tell each other when they have cheated in a relationship? I am wondering is this an actual gender difference or not?
I always discuss such things with my coworkers.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:56 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
That is a surprise, I thought women pretty much shared everything, well at least much more than men. What is weird is that I am not super close to this guy either. I have known him for a while and I ran into him on the bike trail and he told me that story. I thought he just was looking for someone to get that story off his chest and I was right time, right place,
Maybe some women do tell their friends about their sex life, I never did. None of them asked me and I didn't ask them.

I don't care to hear the details of someone else's sex life and have no interest in sharing mine.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:50 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,490,397 times
I think men do talk among themselves,but not women as it could be used against her,you know the double standard

Old 10-27-2022, 07:54 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,490,397 times
Once I had a 90 years old neighbor,it turned out we went to the same school,he remembered a diamond ring costs $100.
Well,he will sit there and reminince his past,he used to work for Sears ,remember Sears,it was like working for GM ?he will travel and visit his suppliers,he would always invite him and his wife to have dinner with him.
Then when he returned the next time,he will call his home (while hubby is at work) and invited the wife to join him at the hotel for a drink.
He said you would be surprised how many reputable society ladies would agree to come to his hotel room.
I think staying home can be pretty boring,a little adventure spice up their life.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:59 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Once I had a 90 years old neighbor,it turned out we went to the same school,he remembered a diamond ring costs $100.
Well,he will sit there and reminince his past,he used to work for Sears ,remember Sears,it was like working for GM ?he will travel and visit his suppliers,he would always invite him and his wife to have dinner with him.
Then when he returned the next time,he will call his home (while hubby is at work) and invited the wife to join him at the hotel for a drink.
He said you would be surprised how many reputable society ladies would agree to come to his hotel room.
I think staying home can be pretty boring,a little adventure spice up their life.
Sounds like a made up story. An elderly man's fantasy.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Maybe some women do tell their friends about their sex life, I never did. None of them asked me and I didn't ask them.

I don't care to hear the details of someone else's sex life and have no interest in sharing mine.
Yes, women generally tend to stay quiet about such things where men seem to want to brag about it to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships