Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 11:17 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,307,020 times

Advertisements

One of my married guy friend's went to a convention met a woman there and had sex with her. But the thing is that he said he is completely happy with his wife and has no intention nor no desire of leaving her, this was just a one time thing that happened mostly because the opportunity happened and he went for it. He feels a little guilty about doing it, but decided he just isn't going to mention it to his wife.

But that had me thinking do women do that too? Or is cheating about problems in primary relationships for women. Off hand I can't think of any woman who has cheated where there weren't some issues she was having in the relationship where her needs weren't being met, but people often don't want to talk about cheating too. What do women tell each other when they have cheated in a relationship? I am wondering is this an actual gender difference or not?

Old 10-27-2022, 11:45 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Not a woman but I knew about one married fellow who was having an affair with a married woman ( supposedly) just the sex. However, this gent ended up wanting more and the woman ended it.

He feels a little guilty about doing it, but decided he just isn't going to mention it to his wife.

Which is probably wise but the genie is out of the bottle so to speak. He's happy with his wife but because he got away with it once will he do it again if the opportunity presents itself?

And what happens should the wife find out?

Old 10-27-2022, 11:52 AM

274 posts, read 155,608 times
The stories I've seen on reddit, the women like the thrill, excitement, and novelty more than the sex. The men they cheat with always tend to be a downgrade since what kind of guy would sleep with a married woman, a total douche.

Old 10-27-2022, 11:54 AM

38 posts, read 19,224 times
that is what your friend says but maybe there is a hidden truth, he did that for sex pleasure but also because he wanted to prove himself that he still can conquest other women, if he needs that ego boost maybe its because he is feeling down for some unknown reason.. sex therapists say sex is also a psychological need for both genders

Old 10-27-2022, 11:54 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingChemist View Post
The stories I've seen on reddit, the women like the thrill, excitement, and novelty more than the sex. The men they cheat with always tend to be a downgrade since what kind of guy would sleep with a married woman, a total douche.
Wouldnt the same thing apply to the married women who are sleeping with the, "total douche"?

Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Wouldnt the same thing apply to the married women who are sleeping with the, "total douche"?
I wasn't married but dating a woman I really liked. Maybe 5-6 weeks into our relationship we spent a weekend together. She told me she broke up with her boyfriend the other day (which I was unaware she had) and dug me too.

But my first thought was if that's the way she treats the other guy...what's going to happen when my time comes?

Old 10-27-2022, 12:13 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,645,736 times
Re your friend: probably wasn't the first time (no matter what he says) and won't be the last. And no, he shouldn't "mention" it to his wife.

To answer your question, if I had sex outside the marriage it would be a sign that the marriage was irretrievably broken. I don't like to sneak around and keep secrets.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:16 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,153,533 times
I've never cheated on my husband. I'm pretty sure he's never cheated on me either. If I ever found out he did, we would probably divorce. I won't live with that. I did with my first husband. I won't with my second.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:27 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
How about a chicken and egg question, shelato?

I haven't talked to a lot of cheating women. Most won't discuss or admit it. Those few who will, often will go on to talk about how unhappy they were in the primary relatonship... But did they cheat because they were so unhappy, or did they talk about how unhappy they were, to excuse or justify their own infidelity, and guilty feelings about it? Hmm? Always consider that people may not be honest...not only with me or you, but with themselves.

But I do know a lot of women who led the way into wanting open relationships, poly or swinging or kink or other kinds of expansive sexual explorations, and were kinda dragging a bewildered man in their wake, who hopefully was at least willing to be a good sport and check it out, but in some cases these guys were really NOT into it, whatever it was. And sometimes it caused the end of that relationship. But the point being...in these communities we actually see far more women being the instigators. Not what mainstream folks would assume, that it would be men wanting more sexual adventure, or that poly means a man with a "harem" of women...when usually it means two people trying to date and the woman having more success at it, or even more often, a complicated network of partners forming (a "polycule.")

I suspect, in conclusion, that most folks do not want to be a "bad person" whatever that means in context of their own culture and upbringing and mindset. And society gives much more allowance for men to be motivated by "just sex" ("it didn't mean anything, it was just sex" is almost an excuse) whereas if a woman makes that claim, she is a <insert your favorite name for a woman who likes sex for its own sake here, there are plenty to choose from.> Also, society gives much more space for a man's needs to be important, heard, an expectation that they should be met one way or another. A man not getting sex at home can be kinda understandable if he seeks it elsewhere, after all, he NEEDS it. But a woman...well...even if her needs are emotional and not being met, she should maybe call her Mom or go to brunch with her bestie? Who asked what she needed, anyways, doesn't she have somebody to make a sandwich for? But if she wants sex, why isn't she asking her husband for that, surely he would cooperate! Since it's assumed that all men want it all the time, right? Or maybe she could be a joke, like Peggy Bundy. Such an offputting nuisance when a woman wants things. Nag, nag, nag.

Like there are a hundred voices from society around us that could pop up in anybody's head in judgment of whatever we do, and I suspect that getting honesty in the same space as all of that noise, might not always be easy.

Annnnd.... Even if a woman were willing to admit she was after a sexual thrill, what would that mean? Probably not the same thing it would mean to a guy, the conquest, the getting of one's rocks off. Might actually just mean the joy of having a man look upon us with heat and desire in his eyes. Because husbands usually stop doing that, even if the wife is attractive and stays that way. Guys tend to reach a point of just kind of ignoring the wife, or if they want sex, they are pleading with puppy eyes, not stalking like a tiger. Men tend to put a lot more energy into pursuit of something new and strange, than they do the tending of an existing sexual relationship even if it's one they desperately want to keep happy and active. And women...are...responsive... So.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB;64354982[B
]I've never cheated on my husband. I'm pretty sure he's never cheated on me either. If I ever found out he did, we would probably divorce. I won't live with that. [/b] I did with my first husband. I won't with my second.
I can put up with a lot but if my wife was having an affair.

That would probably be the end.

If my wife caught me?

Not sure if she would what she would do. But forgive and forget isn't her style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships