Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 07:32 PM

1,152 posts, read 619,009 times

Advertisements

Seriously, in this day and age, why would anyone want to bring another human being into our broken and twisted world? The more I see, the less I like. Put me in the “out” column.

Old 11-05-2022, 07:52 PM

416 posts, read 536,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I owned a 5 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house that I had bought in anticipation of getting married to a woman that I was dating when I was younger. I am closer to 50 than 40. Last year I sold it thinking I had probably aged out of having kids. Interest rates were really cheap so I used the proceeds to buy a fourplex not far from the beach that I might retire into later in Pacific Beach/La Jolla (in San Diego) and I bought another fourplex that I am now living in in Folsom (near Sacramento) trying to position myself for possibly being alone.

As luck would have it, afterwards I started dating a Pharmacist and she does want to get married and have kids. Am I older than I would prefer to have kids? Hell yes. But I will say that there are women capable of still having kids who are willing to date and marry guys well into their 40's. So if you really wanted to do this, I would say that door really isn't closed. Whether it is or isn't a good idea is something I am wrestling with right now. I really love my current girlfriend, I think I would enjoy being a father, but am I too old? That is something I am working through right now and I don't have an answer.
Go for it. Grab the ring and prepare to have the highest highs and some lows. When you give your love and time to a life mate/children you are vulnerable to issues but those will cause you to experience growth.

Old 11-05-2022, 07:56 PM

416 posts, read 536,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Seriously, in this day and age, why would anyone want to bring another human being into our broken and twisted world? The more I see, the less I like. Put me in the “out” column.
We are living in the best country in the best of times in the history of mankind. When was it better than this?

Old 11-05-2022, 08:23 PM

88 posts, read 66,663 times
Nothing wrong with what you're doing. You have to be happy and comfortable with your choices and forge what society or others tell you that you should do. I am in the same boat, but slightly older and completely comfortable with it. It doesn't mean that I am not open to getting married or even having kids, but I am not willing to settle.

Old 11-05-2022, 08:33 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,605,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Raise them to be part of the solution.

Old 11-05-2022, 08:53 PM

274 posts, read 155,865 times
I've personally just never wanted kids. I just didn't relate to the other kids well back when I was a kid and even less now. I do on the other hand want a partner.

Old 11-05-2022, 09:51 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Topic is not about intimate relationships. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships