Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 01:55 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Wrong again, I have never been involved in FWB, sure I may have played around during college when I wasn't looking for a relationship but if it was one and done then so be it but it was people who I dated anywhere from a month or longer. I didn't shed a tear and sweat everyone I slept with.

Meanwhile every other month you're crying about some random dude who you're sexing while hoping you will be his one and only. Doesn't make us bad people to have a difference of lifestyle but giving it away obviously isn't working for you. So what the guy is good in bed, how is that serving to better yourself in the long run when clearly your self esteem is dragging low like lab sniffing for crumbs on their morning walk of shame.
How am I wrong? Re-read what I wrote, I said you were sleeping around and not in a FWB. To me, that's way worse and unsafe to be honest, you're lucky you didn't get an STD (or maybe you did?).

At this point it's like talking to the wall, but I'll keep saying it...having a FWB does not equal low self esteem.

I'm going to assume you and I are from very different backgrounds and parts of the country, and probably have differing ideas of what constitutes a good person and a healthy relationship. So I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2023, 02:18 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I've been casually sleeping with a guy for the past few months. We really don't see each other often and when we do it's just for one thing (which we're both cool with). The other evening I was scrolling on a dating app and he came into my queue, I did not swipe on him since we're just causal and I think it's better in these type situations to just ignore each other on dating apps if we come across one another's profile. Anyway the next morning I got a notification that he had sent me a rose on the dating app. I didn't react to the rose since I don't want him in my matches, however I did text him the next day (yesterday) because I was in the mood to see him. I just sent him a text saying hey and asking how he's doing (which is typical for us) and he never responded. Like I said this is a casual thing, but I can't help but feel a bit rejected and perplexed since just the previous day he sent me a rose on the dating app. I understand he may have been busy yesterday and maybe couldn't see me but he still could have responded to my text, I have always responded texts whether I could see him or not, and he has done the same in the past. Am I reading too much into this? The sex is pretty amazing and we live super close to each other so I'd imagine he wouldn't want to end this unless he is in a relationship with someone which I highly doubt since he's active on a dating app.
This makes no sense to me.

He sends you a rose on the dating app. You don't respond on the app because you "don't want him in your matches". But you texted him the following day...

...and then you wondered WHY he didn't respond right away?

Even if you didn't want him in your matches, you could have acknowledged getting the rose through text, the day you got it.

Kind of like, it's o.k. if YOU choose not to respond quickly, but if HE doesn't respond quickly, it's somehow NOT o.k.?

I'm glad he responded, but in all honesty...maybe you could check your own behavior first before questioning his, if there's a 'next time'.

Just sayin'...

Old 03-17-2023, 02:23 PM

762 posts, read 452,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
How am I wrong? Re-read what I wrote, I said you were sleeping around and not in a FWB. To me, that's way worse and unsafe to be honest, you're lucky you didn't get an STD (or maybe you did?).

At this point it's like talking to the wall, but I'll keep saying it...having a FWB does not equal low self esteem.

I'm going to assume you and I are from very different backgrounds and parts of the country, and probably have differing ideas of what constitutes a good person and a healthy relationship. So I'll leave it at that.
You are wrong ma'am, no stds or unwanted pregnancies, I always practice safe sex (condoms) and I can count on one hand the number of people I have been intimate with.

I am not the one sleeping with random guys every other month crying about them and being kicked to the curb hoping they will put a ring on it while counting gray hairs home alone.

Don't try to lump me in the trash pool when you are sinking lower and lower. You can still choose to rise up and take control of your destiny and stop being another chick who is part of the easy and no strings attached pinata.

Old 03-17-2023, 02:52 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
You are wrong ma'am, no stds or unwanted pregnancies, I always practice safe sex (condoms) and I can count on one hand the number of people I have been intimate with.

I am not the one sleeping with random guys every other month crying about them and being kicked to the curb hoping they will put a ring on it while counting gray hairs home alone.

Don't try to lump me in the trash pool when you are sinking lower and lower. You can still choose to rise up and take control of your destiny and stop being another chick who is part of the easy and no strings attached pinata.
Are you making this wild assumption about me?! I am the last person who sleeps with a new guy every month, although wouldn't see anything wrong with it if I chose to do so. Also I am confused as to why you are so obsessed with my age?? FYI I am 41 years old with not a grey hair in sight.

I'm not looking for marriage at the moment, it's great that you are and go do you hon but stop projecting what you want (and can't seem to get) on to everyone else.

I am not lumping you into a trash pool, you do great a job of that on your own with your posts

Coming on here and giving your unfiltered opinion is one thing, but posting on here in an effort to degrade people is a whole other thing and I don't want to be part of it so I will disengage.

Last edited by bebe182; 03-17-2023 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-17-2023, 03:04 PM

1,702 posts, read 783,863 times
The dude was probably slow to respond to you because you were slow to get back with him. I don’t think there’s much more to it.

As far as some of the other puritanical accusatory rhetoric about op in this thread… sheesh! This isn’t 16th century Salem

Old 03-17-2023, 03:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
So I've been casually sleeping with a guy for the past few months...
will always result in feelings you don't like even if you don't know why. There is no "freedom from bad/hurt/confused feelings" no matter who you are or what you do, but
Quote:
So I've been casually sleeping with a guy for the past few months...
definitely adds another opportunity for it to happen.

Live how you want but you're self esteem will definitely take some hits. Most people you meet will be judgy, even they guys you casually sleep with. Human nature and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships