Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 09:45 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times

Advertisements

So I've been casually sleeping with a guy for the past few months. We really don't see each other often and when we do it's just for one thing (which we're both cool with). The other evening I was scrolling on a dating app and he came into my queue, I did not swipe on him since we're just causal and I think it's better in these type situations to just ignore each other on dating apps if we come across one another's profile. Anyway the next morning I got a notification that he had sent me a rose on the dating app. I didn't react to the rose since I don't want him in my matches, however I did text him the next day (yesterday) because I was in the mood to see him. I just sent him a text saying hey and asking how he's doing (which is typical for us) and he never responded. Like I said this is a casual thing, but I can't help but feel a bit rejected and perplexed since just the previous day he sent me a rose on the dating app. I understand he may have been busy yesterday and maybe couldn't see me but he still could have responded to my text, I have always responded texts whether I could see him or not, and he has done the same in the past. Am I reading too much into this? The sex is pretty amazing and we live super close to each other so I'd imagine he wouldn't want to end this unless he is in a relationship with someone which I highly doubt since he's active on a dating app.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 09:54 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
He just wanted to let you know that he saw you, too. I would have responded with a heart or a smiley.

I think you are thinking too much into it. Just wait. He will respond soon.

Old 03-16-2023, 09:54 AM

899 posts, read 671,009 times
I was just thinking this morning about technology. Once in a blue moon, I'll text my wife something that seems to disappear in my phone. I later determined that my phone "forgot" the date. Instead of 3/16/23 it thinks I sent it 10/01/2000. It happens with some androids...the message is there if I scroll back to the date it stamped.

In other words, don't assume that technology is infallible. People aren't either---they accidentally delete things or maybe it goes to spam, etc.

I'd text again.

Old 03-16-2023, 09:55 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
Wow, I wouldn't have seen this coming. <sarcasm font>

Ya, you're reading too much into it. What'd you expect? Seriously?

Old 03-16-2023, 09:56 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
In other words, don't assume that technology is infallible. People aren't either---they accidentally delete things or maybe it goes to spam, etc.
^^ I thought this was something everyone has understood since the days of AOL chat rooms.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
He just wanted to let you know that he saw you, too. I would have responded with a heart or a smiley.

I think you are thinking too much into it. Just wait. He will respond soon.
He did not know that I had seen him.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTXwhatnext View Post
I was just thinking this morning about technology. Once in a blue moon, I'll text my wife something that seems to disappear in my phone. I later determined that my phone "forgot" the date. Instead of 3/16/23 it thinks I sent it 10/01/2000. It happens with some androids...the message is there if I scroll back to the date it stamped.

I'd text again.
I agree with you about technology. However the text said it was delivered, I doubt it went into spam since we've texted before and I'm pretty sure my number is saved in his phone. Could he have accidentally deleted it? Sure, but I doubt that. My instinct is that he was probably busy and just forgot to respond but I would've appreciated the common courtesy of a response, then again there's always the chance that he's just not interested anymore. We also don't text each other much, so on the few occasions I do reach out to him he typically responds enthusiastically.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:12 AM

6,862 posts, read 4,860,189 times
Why does it matter since you don't want a relationship with him? He will either get back to you or he won't.

Also, as someone else mentioned, can be a phone glitch. I have had on occasion texts show up a day or two later than when they were sent. Things happen. Or, he could have seen your text, been busy, then forgot to respond. I have done that. Not every little thing means something.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Why does it matter since you don't want a relationship with him? He will either get back to you or he won't.

Also, as someone else mentioned, can be a phone glitch. I have had on occasion texts show up a day or two later than when they were sent. Things happen. Or, he could have seen your text, been busy, then forgot to respond. I have done that. Not every little thing means something.
Like I said, I was just feeling a bit rejected.

We both have iphones and the message said it was delivered, I probably would be more apt to chalk it up to a glitch if one of us had an iphone and the other an android but the chances of that message not having been delivered to him are highly unlikely.

Yea I'm guessing he was busy and just forgot to respond.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:19 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTXwhatnext View Post

I'd text again.

I wouldn't..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

The sex is pretty amazing and we live super close to each other so I'd imagine he wouldn't want to end this unless he is in a relationship with someone which I highly doubt since he's active on a dating app.

The way my mind works, I'd imagine he's probably sleeping around with other women, or intending to do so @ some point, so it wouldn't really matter if it was "a relationship" or just casual sex - same as it is with you.

I would just do my best to forget it and let him contact you whenever he contacts you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships