Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 10:48 PM

867 posts, read 457,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Has she called him yet?

One should be looking for behaviors they like and don't like. That's the fricken point of dating.

Sounds like she hadn't called him back after the message she'd sent him apologizing.
But he never replied to that message soooo, no surprises she hasn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 07:52 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But why would he need to do that? OP should reverse the roles and ask himself what he would be thinking.

OP goes out on date. Agrees to go to a second location with the woman. Gets drunk and doesn't show up. Sends an apology text but then never offers a make up date. Peeks at her IG stories from time to time.

If the OP thinks he could perhaps see himself making a "dumb mistake" where he stands up a woman he's very attracted to and never bothers to offer a second date, then he should reach out. If he believes these hypothetical actions on his part demonstrate disinterest, then he shouldn't.

Women are no different from men when they want something. They don't have to be decoded.
To @Three Wolves In Snow too:

Decent chance this would happen on 2nd date sure. Maybe woman doesn't want to call because guy didn't respond to apology. Guy seems torn between making contact and not. Guy has to ultimately decide. There seems to be some interest. I say go for it, but make it more on his terms.

Like pick a location closer to him, do something not involving a bar. Any response that isn't a definite "yes", move on. Or pick something where you'd be there regardless of if she shows up or not.

Definitely "go dutch" or let her pay so that you aren't wasting your money so much.

If there wasn't potential interest, I don't think OP was be posting.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:17 PM

6 posts, read 2,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Okay...

So I went on a first date with a girl last night. We went to dinner. The atmosphere was great, food was great, our conversation was great, we talked and laughed for 2 hours straight.

So once we were done, we decided to drive separately to a piano bar so that we could talk more. We would've rode together but she did want to leaver her car. Her car was recently broken into (she drives a Kia which are highly desired by thieves). Anyway, I arrive at the piano bar 20 minutes later. I sit there thinking she would arrive a few minutes after me. Fifteen minutes goes by and I attempt to call her...no answer. So I send a text saying "I'm here"...

She then texts me "I had a great night. Thank you. ☺️"...which confuses me so I respond "Huh? Are we not meeting at the piano bar? Did I say or do something wrong?"....no response at all and I basically got stood up on the second half of the date.

So I awaken to this message from her...

"Sh*t, sorry about last night. You didn't do anything wrong. I was a little tipsy and got confused. Then once I got home I immediately passed out."

She had two alcoholic drinks and I had a Sprite so I get it, but I don't know about this. I did really enjoy her though. Should I give her another chance?
Hi bro! I think it should be only your decision because no one doesn't know what is good for you. If you feel that you want to see her in your bed, do it! Meanwhile, in my opinion, you have to forget her and find another girl. There are about 4 billion women on this planet!

Old 03-30-2023, 12:50 PM

127 posts, read 43,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Okay...

So I went on a first date with a girl last night. We went to dinner. The atmosphere was great, food was great, our conversation was great, we talked and laughed for 2 hours straight.

So once we were done, we decided to drive separately to a piano bar so that we could talk more. We would've rode together but she did want to leaver her car. Her car was recently broken into (she drives a Kia which are highly desired by thieves). Anyway, I arrive at the piano bar 20 minutes later. I sit there thinking she would arrive a few minutes after me. Fifteen minutes goes by and I attempt to call her...no answer. So I send a text saying "I'm here"...

She then texts me "I had a great night. Thank you. ☺️"...which confuses me so I respond "Huh? Are we not meeting at the piano bar? Did I say or do something wrong?"....no response at all and I basically got stood up on the second half of the date.

So I awaken to this message from her...

"Sh*t, sorry about last night. You didn't do anything wrong. I was a little tipsy and got confused. Then once I got home I immediately passed out."

She had two alcoholic drinks and I had a Sprite so I get it, but I don't know about this. I did really enjoy her though. Should I give her another chance?
Whether you should give her another chance or not should be up to you. But just want to say that you should be careful around such type of easily forgetful women that easily get confused. Her actions didn't show she had a great time with you, so you should relate with her cautiously should you feel like giving her another chance

Old 03-31-2023, 12:18 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
If there wasn't potential interest, I don't think OP was be posting.
"Potential interest"? What gives you that idea? Because they went out for drinks for 2 hours and she laughed? That doesn't mean anything.

Women are no different from men when they really like someone. They will call. They will text. They will ask you out. They will arrange a time and place to meet. They will invite you out with their friends. They will coincidentally be "in the neighborhood." Later, and "later" in this case could be anywhere between the second date and engagement, they will ask you to meet Aunt Trudy and Uncle James, her 3rd Grade teacher Mrs. Trufflebutter, her therapist, etc. It is painfully obvious when a woman is into you. If you have to wonder, then you have your answer.

Sure, OP could reach out to this woman, but he should start learning the discipline of moving on.

Old 03-31-2023, 01:46 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Well, looks like they haven't had any contact since, soooooo ... case solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships