Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:42 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times

Advertisements

I saw all three of mine being born, I can only speak for myself but after bonding for 10 years with my wifes lower half seeing a brown line go from her navel to her privates, pink turn to brown and seeing a head appear after seeing the movie Alien I started to question my motivation. Questions like do you want to cut the cord?...I think not!, my middle son was born so fast all I remember was him going down a water slide and an intern trying to catch him before he hit the floor. The placenta on a platter and sharing a ward with ten thousand other screaming women. You quit smoking that week!
I've kept all my paper clothes and have recovered without the aid of hand puppets I might add and love my wife and kids to death but I still remember what pain apparently blocked in my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I saw all three of mine being born, I can only speak for myself but after bonding for 10 years with my wifes lower half seeing a brown line go from her navel to her privates, pink turn to brown and seeing a head appear after seeing the movie Alien I started to question my motivation. Questions like do you want to cut the cord?...I think not!, my middle son was born so fast all I remember was him going down a water slide and an intern trying to catch him before he hit the floor. The placenta on a platter and sharing a ward with ten thousand other screaming women. You quit smoking that week!
I've kept all my paper clothes and have recovered without the aid of hand puppets I might add and love my wife and kids to death but I still remember what pain apparently blocked in my wife.

OK, I’m not a guy, but I’ve always considered this practice here very odd. I don’t believe it’s beneficial to the couple’s sex life later, even though I can see the point of people who will say the husband being present creates a bond, it’s a shared experience, etc. My opinion is just hypothetical, but I wouldn't do it.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Well if the Stork had visual aid it would be the Devil with wings but I wouldn't change a thing and I don't think I can explain that. I guess its like getting a Medal of valor in a 2X3 velvet hinged box for your part in keeping the world free. It won't realistically represent your part in things but it establishes a bond you can't turn away from. I don't think I can do this post justice. Someone else find the words!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM

287 posts, read 897,399 times
My husband stood behind me when my daughter was born, not wanting to see any of it. That's ok with me.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:14 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,292 times
Watching it wasn't so bad as smelling it (amniotic fluid)... oh... my ... g......

Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 PM

Yes, my youngest son was born in the AM, not sure why my wife didn't brush her teeth after her water broke.....hindsight...lol but I do know now why DR's where masks. Rathagos fluid....ahhh....cut it out!....lol

Old 06-23-2008, 01:30 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Seeing it, smelling it, Boo hoo! Try hours of contractions that end in having to push the darn thing out thru a canal thats not exactly a good fit.

All that apparently didnt have a negative affect on my dh because he was ready to get back at it much sooner than I was after delivery.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM

All I remember is the DR saying, you have to wait six weeks and thinking is that all?, are you sure?.....Can't we just be friends?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
I'm kind of staggered at the insensetivity of the comments in this thread.
Kind of drives home why so many women out there go from being married to men, to living the Lesbian lifestyle.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
I didn't have a problem with it I thought it was cool seeing my son born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships