Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I see this as the single biggest issue with same-sex (male) couples: There isn't a woman in the mix to remind everyone of birthdays, anniversaries, social events, etc. etc. Gay or not, men are men from the day they are born and men forget sh*t.
So true, I can't remember how many times I forgot my moms birthday, but that is okay because I am sure that she doesn't want to be reminded of how old she is getting

When it comes to the GF, I know better; forget her birthday and I will never hear the end of it Don't know why she cares so much about it. She turns 26 ever year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Personally, I could care less about mine. I dont really do b-days anyway and dont expect people to say/do anything on mine.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,289 times
An ex allegedly forgot my birthday three times in a row and when I brought it up I almost got my azz knocked out - yet when it was her birthday those three times within those three years she was always expecting something from me. I just figured hey if someone I think I love can forget my birthday three times in a row its time to move on so I did.

At least in your case an effort was made so be grateful and appreciate the fact that he did try to make things right...anyways just my $0.02

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
what would you do if your other half forgot about your birthday? We are together just about 1 year, same sex relationship, and he forgot my birthday.

We have been through holidays, valentines, weekend getaways, etc...he has never forgot anything...we celebrated his birthday this past winter...

I felt hurt that he forgot and proceeded to leave the house to go get me a card and gift...I felt hurt that it was after the fact, but he still made an effort, but can't get passed it...Life is short, but it still upsets me.

Am I being unreasonable? Drama-King/Queen? lol What should he do to make it up to me? or was his efforts after the fact enough?

We are drama-free, this is the first real disagreement we have had...we both work hard and play hard so we don't believe in drama. We rather put that energy in playing a tennis game, swimming, traveling, spending time together etc...

Old 07-15-2008, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,781 times
Red face Forget it!!

I say forget it, it seems like its a goood relationship not saying that you don't have the right to be upset/hurt don't drag it in the mud. He did attempt to make it up so let it be. Or just hold out on him for a couple of days or even better since u said yall play tennis, while playing just so happen to hit him with the ball, he will never know the real reason. And i promise you will get a good laugh!! Then just let the rest go and be happy-n-love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships