Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times

Advertisements

From what I've read, if a woman physically assaults her husband, he calls the cops, but he gets arrested for nothing. The law enforcement and the court are sexists!

In these days, how often do women get away with domestic violence? Whats the percentage?

I've had a friend whose girlfriend struck him, then he fought back, then he went to jail.

If women are perpretrators of domestic violence and tries to attack their men, what's the best way for men to handle these animals without any violence? Could it be grabbing an arm, dodging or blocking attacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
They could try to just walk away, but most women who are violent like that will just follow them.
Spray them in the face with pepper spray or something. That will shut `em up!! (I kid)
Couldn`t they just hold them down until they calmed down?
Sometimes, the woman may be a hee-man and be alot stronger than the man, then I guess that idea would be out.
Go get her a punching bag, and tell her to wear herself out!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:27 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
They could try to just walk away, but most women who are violent like that will just follow them.
Spray them in the face with pepper spray or something. That will shut `em up!! (I kid)
Couldn`t they just hold them down until they calmed down?
Sometimes, the woman may be a hee-man and be alot stronger than the man, then I guess that idea would be out.
Go get her a punching bag, and tell her to wear herself out!
Well, I wish abused men could go to the police, but the cops are too stupid to realize that women can caue domestic violence too. If it was legal and a woman tried to attack me, I would probably turn the tables to make sure she'll never try that again.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:23 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,270 times
If during the confrontation he struck her after she struck him and there is a mark left on her...he goes down, she goes down too if he has any broken or bruised skin. At least that's how it is on COPS.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,921 times
I think a high percentage of men would be embarrassed to go to the police or tell someone he was getting abused by his wife.

I remember when my husband was in the Marine Corps, one of his buddies used to get beat by his wife, even hit with a frying pan. We thought it was so weird because you never hear about that type of abuse.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
If women are perpretrators of domestic violence and tries to attack their men, what's the best way for men to handle these animals without any violence?
Uh, the same way women do. Take a beating or run.

Usually, if the police are called on a domestic, someone is going to jail. As Raggy said, the police asses the situation to determine who the aggressor is by who has bruises and such and who is being most belligerent. If your friend hadnt struck back, he wouldnt have gone to jail unless he was also being a big A hole.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,143 times
If the women has marks the male goes to jail, if she has none and the male denies hitting her he does not unless there is a witness, if he admits hitting back he goes to jail and then prosecution looks at how he hit her. Open fist = misdemeanor Closed fist = felony or at least thats how it is here.

In the cases where the couples have children the police are reluctant to take the women to jail because children may have to be removed from the home if the male is being arrested.

Prior to domestic laws communities policed their own, if a women had a black eye he was confronted and problem solved. So long as community standards don't condone such behavior towards women I liked this way of dealing with problems better. Communities holding their own accountable. You didn't get jail time but you could sure bet the next day everyone knew.

I don't know how women would police their own but it might work as well.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:27 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
In these days, how often do women get away with domestic violence? Whats the percentage?
Women probably get away with it quite often and you will not find an accurate percentage as a good amount of men will feel too embarrassed to report it.

Quote:
I've had a friend whose girlfriend struck him, then he fought back, then he went to jail.
I have a friend who claimed that his GF was hitting him. When the cops showed up they arrested him because his GF had bruises around her wrists from where he was trying to restrain her.

Quote:
If women are perpretrators of domestic violence and tries to attack their men, what's the best way for men to handle these animals without any violence? Could it be grabbing an arm, dodging or blocking attacks?
Learn some basic aikido moves, that way you won't hurt them. I would be weary about touching them at all, especially if other people are watching.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,456,942 times
As in any abusive relationship (and yes, there are different abuses, not just physical) if the victim (s) can not leave (due to various reasons), then the abuser should be reported or the victim should obtain counseling so that someone knows what is going on outside the home. Male abuse is becoming more popular due to media attention as many things are, especially pedophilia. IMO there is no such thing as a "real man." Anyone being physically, mentally, emotionally etc. abused, should get help so they can get out of the situation.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:07 AM

990 posts, read 2,558,270 times
Perhaps an even bigger crime is the number of women who accuse their partners of abuse the NEVER occurred.

All it takes is an accusation, and the other party is stripped of his/her rights, and immediately put on the defensive. That person is then forced into a position of having to PROVE that no assault took place.

Just try and prove a negative, (not an easy thing to do).

I was once involved in a case where a prominent area resident accused her estranged husband of sexual abuse of their young child.

When it was finally proved that it did not happen, her answer was that she THOUGHT it would help in her divorce case!!!!

Want to know what the state did for the perjury and destruction of her husband reputation.......

NOTHING!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships