Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 AM

5 posts, read 24,210 times

Advertisements

And I don't know what to do...for the last 4 years my husband is trying to prove that I am mentally ill because he doesn't like when I tell him what is bothering me, his attitud and controling personality is destroying the relationsip. Hit me many times, telling me that is the only way that i will leave him alone and stop complaining about the things that he doesnt do or fix stuff around the house. He kick me out of his parents house because his brother, that he hates so much, complain because I was talking and he couldn't sleep. Brought mental services, a prist the police and a marriage counseler, he wanted to prove that I was mentally ill when they told him that I wasn't even deprest he told me that all that people don't know anything. I am so tired of standing his I ruled here attituded that I told him that I want the divorce, he said that is wrong and will not do that because is too expensive. I have no family here just my kids, I am tired of being the maid that takes care of the house and cooks. He doesn't have any respect for me. I don't know what to do, I want to leave him, I don't know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 03:20 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Honey, run. Run now, fast & far. Being a jerk is one thing, hitting you is something else entirely. Don't wait around until he kills you, or starts hitting the kids. There are tons of places that offer help for battered women. Google battered women shelter and the name of your city & state to find the help you so desperately need.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
The situation you have described sounds dangerous -- domestic violence is intolerable and NO children should ever be around such behavior. You and your children should get away from this man immediately.

Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline toll free at 1-800-799-7233 and speak to someone there. They will be able to provide information on service organizations in your state who can provide you shelter and other assistance to get to safety and away from this man. Their web page is National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) - Break the silence, make the call. PLEASE contact them!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:22 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Sweety, divorce isn't like launching nukes.... You don't have to both turn your keys to do it.... If YOU want a divorce then who cares if he does or not???

DO IT!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:58 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times
It's not question of whether or not your husband understands you, it's a question of whether or not he's abusing you and judging by your post, there is no question.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:23 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
Hmmmmm First go back to school, trying to read your post reminded me of another poster who USES THE EXACT KIND of broken text you do and a quick look at their post told me it's you with another screenname. If you're going to try to pull off this duping of the board, and bringing up these heart wrenching topics to get sympathy, simply changing your name doesn't cut it. It's like a big elephant putting on a bikini as a disquise, it's still obviously the elephant. Assuming anything you posted is true, It's my opinion your mental health is an issue that you should explore. Have a great day!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:30 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,225,356 times
1 - This has nothing to do with his understanding you or not. If what you are portraying in your OP is what is going on, you are being seriously physically, emotionally and psychologically abused. You need to get out of that situation now. No man has the right to hit you. From what you have written, he is an abuser and needs to get himself some therapy immediately. However, what you need is to get yourself to some place safe like yesterday.

2 - Based on what you have described... don't worry about what he wants or does not want. You need to worry yourself with what you have to do in order to keep you and your kids safe. Period. The rest of the stuff... well you can worry about that later. Right now, priority no. 1 is ensuring your safety and that of your children.

3 - You state you have no family there. Okay, but I am assuming you have family elsewhere then. Can they help you out here? Can you call them and explain what is going on? Perhaps someone can come and help get you out of this situation. Perhaps they can assist through financial means to do so. Something, anything. Does your family even know what is taking place?

4 - Have you ever contacted the police on this? Is there any documentation as to his violence upon you?

5 - You need to immediately do some research on local shelter's or women resource centers in your area that can assist you. If you go to church, speak to your pastor/priest and ask them for assistance. Assistance for you is out there, but you have to reach out to them. They are not going to know you need help unless you tell them. You have to tell somone and you have to ask for that help. Coming here is a good first step to gain some insight and advice, but you now, right now, need to take the next step.

Also... you say you have no family there... do you have any good friends that can maybe help you out, give you a place to stay for a while?

Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
go to the phone book and find numbers and call them for women's services, women's shelters, services for abused women. Call them, they know what to do and have tons of information. Best wishes.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:19 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Hmmmmm First go back to school, trying to read your post reminded me of another poster who USES THE EXACT KIND of broken text you do and a quick look at their post told me it's you with another screenname. If you're going to try to pull off this duping of the board, and bringing up these heart wrenching topics to get sympathy, simply changing your name doesn't cut it. It's like a big elephant putting on a bikini as a disquise, it's still obviously the elephant. Assuming anything you posted is true, It's my opinion your mental health is an issue that you should explore. Have a great day!
You know what - aren't you the same genius who accused me of being a liar in one of my posts? Obviously you're a regular Nancy Drew. Who knows, maybe you are correct in this case I have no idea. I am however finding this little habit of making random accusations based on your ASSumptions, somewhat tiresom. Get over yourself and either answer a post or not, but this BS witch hunting you find so entertaining needs to stop.
Thanks.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 24,210 times
Thank you for the advice. I know that the best thing that I can do is leave him and look for help in one of those places that offer help for battered woman. But somehow I am hoping that he will understand that we don't live in the cave era and is not me the one who always have to give up...believe it or not, my husband is very smart person with a huge heart what is being hard for him is to realize that sometimes he can not be the superman and try to cover everything and try to include me in the marriage. I am Catholic and the divorce isn't the best option for me that is why I said I don't know what to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships