Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
It's not our fault...its our biological makeup
yeah, it's easier to be visually, physically appealing to someone than it is to be verbally, mentally, socially appealing to someone.

David DeAngelo summed it up perfectly:

"Women are VERY different from men when it comes to ATTRACTION. You need to accept this fact, and deal with it. When a man sees a beautiful, young, sexy woman, he INSTANTLY feels a sexual attraction.
But does the same apply for women? Do women feel sexual attraction to men based mostly on looks? Or is something else going on? Well, after studying this topic for over five full years now, I can tell you that women usually have their "attraction mechanisms" triggered by things OTHER than looks.

Women are more attracted to certain qualities in men... and they're attracted to the way a man makes them FEEL than they are to looks alone. If you know how to use your body language and communication correctly, you can make women feel the same kind of powerful sexual attraction to you that YOU feel when you see a hot, sexy young woman."

Basically, even if a man looks like Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, or a GQ Model, but if he has no confidence, is not a challenge, has bad social-skills, conversation-skills, the wrong attitude, mindset, mentality, way of thinking, women will reject them instantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post

Basically, even if a man looks like Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, or a GQ Model, but if he has no confidence, is not a challenge, has bad social-skills, conversation-skills, the wrong attitude, mindset, mentality, way of thinking, women will reject them instantly.
The possibility of a dude looking like that and being a 30 year old virgin with no social skills is the same as me winning the Mega Lottery Jackpot...

Old 04-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
The possibility of a dude looking like that and being a 30 year old virgin with no social skills is the same as me winning the Mega Lottery Jackpot...
still, women place a bigger, higher emphasis on social-skills than men do on women

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
still, women place a bigger, higher emphasis on social-skills than men do on women
IF THAT WERE TRUE, then what are you complaining about?

Social skills are something that everybody can learn and improve on. And theoretically if you were good enough socially, you could pick up women, and certainly younger women.

If it were true...

Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
IF THAT WERE TRUE, then what are you complaining about?

Social skills are something that everybody can learn and improve on. And theoretically if you were good enough socially, you could pick up women, and certainly younger women.

If it were true...
so are you saying that a man can get a woman at pretty much any age? but it doesn't work that way for women?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
You know, I realize this is a Lazarus thread, but I thought I'd chime in. Because any time I see some guy start a Bad Boy thread, I know I'm dealing with a whiny nebbish who spends his Saturday nights home alone painting his Dungeons and Dragons figurines. And don't even begin to deny it, because that's what you are. Accepting this horrible reality is the first step towards being a more attractive man who enjoys nookie on a regular basis. Ready to change things? Let's review.

1. Women don't love Bad Boys per se. They love men who love life and are unapologetic about it. Women love rock musicians because they have fun. They love men with motorcycles because they're fun. They love men who sense life's possibilities because they're fun. They love men who see every freaking day as a potential adventure because they're fun. In other words, they love men who have some kind of guiding passion and aren't terrified of their shadows. The aforementioned men who paint dungeons and dragons figurines on their Saturday nights are not fun.

2. Women don't love Bad Boys per se. They love men who are pretty direct, while still managing to be reasonably polite and gentlemanly. Yes, the two can indeed co-exist within the same person. They love men who don't treat them like some goddess to be worshipped, a person to be handled with all the delicacy of a Ming vase. They love men who won't put up with their crap. They love men who make their move, rather than create threads on CD asking on what date it's okay to kiss a woman. They hate men who weigh their words so carefully that you'd think they were characters in a Henry James novel brought to life. They hate men who are such wimps that they won't dance at a party and instead nurse a beer in the corner by the rhododendron, not talking to anyone. And they hate men with all the social skills of a rhesus monkey.

3. Women don't love bad boys per se. They love men who are comfortable in their own skin and confident with who they are. They don't like men who are the opposite and whine. They despise men who apologize all the time for being men. And they loathe men who trot out elaborate theories to explain why they can't get laid, rather than simply look in the mirror and ask, "Hey, would I do me?" The truth is that men like that can't get laid because they are undesirable and are too lazy to change.

4. Women love men who get them, not men who scratch their heads in a constant state of befuddlement. What's more, they love men who understand what women want deep down, not just accept at face value what they say they want.

Got it? Good. So quit whining about women and be a man for God's sake. And if you find yourself saying, "How come women don't...." then slap yourself as hard as you can. Try respecting yourself for a change. You'll be amazed at the results.

Last edited by cpg35223; 04-02-2012 at 05:06 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
so are you saying that a man can get a woman at pretty much any age? but it doesn't work that way for women?
I'm saying that the baseline attraction has to be there for women.

My social skills are so much stronger than they were when I was younger, but I still can't get the women who rejected me back then (for the most part) because for the most part they just weren't attracted to me.

Having good social skills and the PUA stuff works to an extent but you must have a woman give you a chance first. Don't think you're going to put all these smooth lines on blonde supermodels and have them fall for you.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

4. Women love men who get them, not men who scratch their heads in a constant state of befuddlement. What's more, they love men who understand what women want deep down, not just accept at face value what they say they want.

Got it? Good. So quit whining about women and be a man for God's sake. And if you find yourself saying, "How come women don't...." then slap yourself as hard as you can. Try respecting yourself for a change. You'll be amazed at the results.

Lol. What would that be?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I realize this is a Lazarus thread, but I thought I'd chime in. Because any time I see some guy start a Bad Boy thread, I know I'm dealing with a whiny nebbish who spends his Saturday nights home alone painting his Dungeons and Dragons figurines. And don't even begin to deny it, because that's what you are. Accepting this horrible reality is the first step towards being a more attractive man who enjoys nookie on a regular basis. Ready to change things? Let's review.

1. Women don't love Bad Boys per se. They love men who love life and are unapologetic about it. Women love rock musicians because they have fun. They love men with motorcycles because they're fun. They love men who sense life's possibilities because they're fun. They love men who see every freaking day as a potential adventure because they're fun. In other words, they love men who have some kind of guiding passion and aren't terrified of their shadows. The aforementioned men who paint dungeons and dragons figurines on their Saturday nights are not fun.

2. Women don't love Bad Boys per se. They love men who are pretty direct, while still managing to be reasonably polite and gentlemanly. Yes, the two can indeed co-exist within the same person. They love men who don't treat them like some goddess to be worshipped, a person to be handled with all the delicacy of a Ming vase. They love men who won't put up with their crap. They love men who make their move, rather than create threads on CD asking on what date it's okay to kiss a woman. They hate men who weigh their words so carefully that you'd think they were characters in a Henry James novel brought to life. They hate men who are such wimps that they won't dance at a party and instead nurse a beer in the corner by the rhododendron, not talking to anyone. And they hate men with all the social skills of a rhesus monkey.

3. Women don't love bad boys per se. They love men who are comfortable in their own skin and confident with who they are. They don't like men who are the opposite and whine. They despise men who apologize all the time for being men. And they loathe men who trot out elaborate theories to explain why they can't get laid, rather than simply look in the mirror and ask, "Hey, would I do me?" The truth is that men like that can't get laid because they are undesirable and are too lazy to change.

and women don't need to be comfortable and content in their own skin, they don't need to have fun, they can be bratty, boring, have no life, and still attract men

Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Bad boys seek freedom/////go along for the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships