Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
Now.. to get off of the d*mn friend ladder
Believe me, once you're there, you ain't getting off! I know opinions will follow from those who "develop" relationships from friendships. OK, it may be true to some extend, but they still looked at the guys as romantic potential from the getgo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
You know it!
It's like reading yesterday's paper, buddy... I don't even need my special powers.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM

333 posts, read 999,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Believe me, once you're there, you ain't getting off! I know opinions will follow from those who "develop" relationships from friendships. OK, it may be true to some extend, but they still looked at the guys as romantic potential from the getgo!
Guess we'll have to find out, but, not with who your thinking about.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM

333 posts, read 999,550 times
Quote:
It's like reading yesterday's paper, buddy... I don't even need my special powers.
Geeze, my transparent attempts at being transparent were transparent.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I've always had more male friends than female friends. And I've only had one guy (a married one at that) hit on me. I think though, that it's because these male friends were never just drinking buddies, but we had common hobbies that we enjoyed doing together. I also don't dress up very much and I'm just one of the guys when we're all together. I also treat them like the brothers I never had.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've always had more male friends than female friends. And I've only had one guy (a married one at that) hit on me. I think though, that it's because these male friends were never just drinking buddies, but we had common hobbies that we enjoyed doing together. I also don't dress up very much and I'm just one of the guys when we're all together. I also treat them like the brothers I never had.
Well, at the risk of sounding harsh, too, they see in you exactly another buddy, not a woman. That's why it works this way.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Well, at the risk of sounding harsh, too, they see in you exactly another buddy, not a woman. That's why it works this way.
Or they're what I call "rogue satellites" - hoping to become her moon by hanging out in orbit around her.

...and believe it or not, ladies - men can be REAL good at disguising their intentions when it's important...

Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
I've always had a lot of guy friends. I had two older brothers and when we spent summers growing up at a cottage I was the only girl in the area...what fun! And not that I understand men completely I do enjoy their company. I was an EMT/Firefighter as a volunteer for 15 years and the guys treated me very well. I ended up marrying one of them We both were teachers and volunteered on the side.
Right now I am part of a group in the next town called, SOS-Seniors On Scooters It is 25 older men and me I joke that I'm the "young chick" at almost 60. The guys have been great, most in their 70's and even a few still riding in their 80's. It's fun to see the guys still have that adventuresome spirit. Now that they know me better a few have made some "comments" but I just laugh them off...after all men still will be men!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM

109 posts, read 292,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol.....I don't knwo what's up with me and all these wierd old songs today but.......anyway...

A few of my co-workers and I were debating today at lunch wether strait guys and girls can be JUST friends.....

I said that between the ages of 13 and 35ish........it's really really really really rare because of hormones. Either they both develop a crush or one or the other does....very rarley have I heard of a completley platonic relationship with no attractions or crushes ever within this age range.

40's and beyond is probably easier since you don't have crazy hormones bouncing all over the place.

Your opinions???
Most of my education classes are with women in their late 30's/40's. We're friends, but I'm not attracted to them, and they're married with kids, so there's nothing going on there.

Now, if it was full of single 20-25 year olds that were cute....different story. It's harder for guys to be friends with girls they want to sleep with.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times
It's impossible because eventually the woman will want a relationship. This has happened to me over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships