Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times

Advertisements

I haven't read anything beyond the first page in this thread, so forgive me if I tread upon beaten paths.

I'm going to just say that sometimes people are too ugly to find other people. I'm sorry, it's not a popular sentiment and in an ideal world, we'd all see inner beauty for what it is. But frankly it's the truth. So she may just have to face this unfairness of life if she's truly unattractive.

That being said, she can always lose weight if that's the issue. Lose weight, find a style that works for her, and then hit the dating scene. Whether we're thin or fat, attractive or unattractive, nothing is guaranteed in the single's scene. It's much more chancy and risk-prone than we are led to believe by TV, and there's no guaranty that being sexy or intelligent or witty really nets us anything at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 03:36 PM

33 posts, read 96,653 times
Haven't read everything so forgive me if I have touched upon some points already stated. I've seen plenty of "big and ugly" girls with guys. It may be harder for them to get asked out, but it happens and it's usually because of their personality. I wish your friend luck.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post

Should some women just give up and not expect a romantic relationship due to personal and physical limitations?
After seeing a lot of couples out there, I will say that NO ONE should give up. It appears that there's someone for everyone out there.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
350 pounds?? Well......thats a big gal! Wow!
But, it has to be up to her if she wants to change her life style.
I mean, if she is happy being alone, fat, and negative on herself because of her looks, then she will probably never find a man.
Even heavy people find someone, with the right attitude! She has to give a little, to get a little. There are alot of people, that don`t mind heavy people. She just has to gain some confidence, hold her head up, and try to be proud of who she is...otherwise....she needs to do some changing in herself!

Old 09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Riv

236 posts, read 604,537 times
I'm offering to meet her. If she wants me I offer to marry her.

Or are some people going to be happier by having this woman around to post their advice to?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:15 PM

5 posts, read 8,569 times
My best friend was not that great looking at all and was fat. She found boyfriends and a husband. She did way better than me and I was suppose to be so attractive. Although I did not consider myself as such. I was told I could be a model etc.... I only met trash. Your friend will meet someone and he will love her for herself.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post

Or are some people going to be happier by having this woman around to post their advice to?
A bit extreme....don`t ya` think? Marry her?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
If I can offer a different perspective...

While I am not what might be considered "overweight", I happen to know many people who are. There might be some justification to be concerned the health of a 350-lb. person; it depends on the individual circumstances. Nonetheless, I can tell you that there are not only several organizations and social groups devoted to size acceptance... but there are guys who are open about their attraction to larger women... and I'm one of them.

If the original poster would like some information on some resources to pass along to their friend, feel free to DM me.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
Good God, you're something else!

OK, say I told you I'd marry you. Would you? I even have about 9K posts to my name for you to explore and I don't weigh 350 lb.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
There is someone for EVERYONE. Skinny, overweight, Bic lighter sized weenies and so forth. I think to say that someone just isn't meant to find and have love in their life because of a waistline is pretty harsh and cruel. With friends like that, who needs enemies??? God does NOT make junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships