Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times

Advertisements

This old thread is funny ! Horrible stereotyping. I used to do it too when I was in my 20s - those old people should not be here! These days there are many single older people. What are they supposed to do, never go out at night? There are only so many dinner parties to attend and they are usually boring. What gets me is the 20 somethings are going to the clubs geared toward older crowds because they like the retro music. So maybe they can complain about old women at "their" club now. LOL. My cousin in her 30s went to some raves where there were people of all ages. I wish more older people would go out and have some fun, then more interesting clubs would be geared toward those age groups. And I have never gone to a club to meet guys other than to talk or dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM

10 posts, read 68,596 times
Default To each his/her own

Wow! This thread lived long enough for me to give my 2 cents.

Anyone at any age needs to feel free to go and have fun. From people just there to dance, to married people looking for some "strange", live and let live, just don't be like that kid. As long people understand each other's intentions and are respectful if they don't match up, who cares.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
He had no bearing on my self-esteem which i assure you is still intact. *hey everyone has their preference, right?*

I would just like an opinion (male or female) on the "older woman" and nightclubbing.

btw...34 is not old!!!

It's a perception thing. Anyone over age X that goes to one that's got a higher "cool" rating tends to get judged harshly. Just human nature to make snap judgements based on face value.

I went out with a few friends not 8 months ago, this woman who was of course drunk, about 21, maybe 22 makes her rounds so to speak, comes to me and we talk for quite some time. She then says "your really nice, and your cute..", all fine and dandy, then she tags on the "..why aren't you married?".

Of course my jaw drops, I give her my "wtf"-face and she moves on.

Oi.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
I've often wondered...

Does a woman, in her 30's or older, seem desperate when she is at a popular nightclub that is really geared towards people in their 20's?

I enjoy getting together for the occasional girls night out with my girlfriends. Most of my girlfriends are my age (34) or older. I do have some friends in their 20's and they really enjoy the clubs. Sometimes we humor them and go, but man, I feel really old when I am there.

The atmosphere that I enjoy the most, if i'm out with just the girls, is the sports bar and grill. More like a pub. Someplace you can have good food, enjoy drinks and music but at an audible level.

I am asking because I was out one night, at the club with the girls, and a younger man came up and made conversation. I was, to say the least, very flattered. He pursued, I denied, he pursued some more, I denied some more(which made me realize he was so young, because i was starting to feel like a mom telling her child NO for the upteenth time). Finally, he realized no means no. After the humilation of having his feelings hurt by an "old woman", he let me know that " I was just a desperate middle aged woman at a club hoping like hell someone would take me home." So.....

I laughed it off, becau se come on, he was just a young kid who got rejected. Like any arrogant man who has been rejected, young or old, they tend to lash out.

He had no bearing on my self-esteem which i assure you is still intact. *hey everyone has their preference, right?*

I would just like an opinion (male or female) on the "older woman" and nightclubbing.

btw...34 is not old!!!
I'm over 30 and quit the 20 something clubbing scene years ago. I want to hear (music), not what the younger crowd listens to these days! lol..... Don't worry MILFs and Cougars there is still lots of us single straight guys out there. I do however, prefer to go to bars and pubs as the posters above suggested. Don't worry about what that "kid" told you! I bet he doesn't even know who SRV is? lol........We are out there, we just need to run into each other!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
I used to go to clubs all the time in my teens and 20s, and now that I am 39 I wouldn't be caught dead in one. I'm just not the same person I was 20 years ago, what I enjoyed at 19 doesn't do it for me today. I don't want to keep doing the same thing for 20, 30, 40 years saying, "Age is just a number, I'm having fun!" I want to be doing something different. It's the repetition that seems desperate to me.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,864 times
Early 20s it was fun. Early 30s not so fun, at least for me. Bars are not my thing anymore but I don't look down on those who go.....and that's all I will say...lol

Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM

62 posts, read 165,753 times
I personally have never liked to frequent clubs, even in my twenties. But I will say that to me it does not seem like a desperate act. In fact I am 33 and have a better body and skin than a lot of these twenty yr. old's running around. It is sad that today the youth do not on average take care of there bodies, or skin....much less what they choose to ingest. I have been fortunate to have been raised to eat right and stay out of the sun, which adds all of those wrinkles. I still get asked "what college will u be attending after u graduate from high school". So you can be a 20 year old in a 40 yr. old body and a 30 year old in a 20 yr. old body.

I say IF you GOT it....flaunt it. Just don't be tacky about it.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,785 times
Having fun is cool. But going to clubs all the time like you're in your 20s is just not a good look. There you are trying to get low at 40 with the other kids who just turned 21. My question would be...........did we grow out of this phase. Usually around your 30's certain clubs are cool but lounges and bars are usually more the spot.
It's cool to have fun but if that's your favorite party spot all the time, my question would be, did we mature? Let me make this clear too............if you're going for fun on occasion then it's all good. If you go to do anything more than dance (i.e. meet someone) that behavior should slow down to a crawl.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,216,251 times
pathetic lol, i seperated from my wife, and i dont look my age at all, [we got back together] but at the end i too was feeling way out of place, missed the club, sams club!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
Sorry, but I would never ever ever tell a woman what I thought her real age was, that is basically committing suicide then and there....

You may very well look 10 years younger though, but I'm gonna need to see some proof before so I substantiate that claim
some of us have pictures in our profiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships