Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:48 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times

Advertisements

So many people wonder why is he not paying attention to me, even if I do this, or that. I say this, or that, and I get no response.
Some often wonder, well, the spark is gone, or he`s bored with me.
They say,"what is wrong with our relationship?"
I hear this alot on this forum, or just out with friends.
I thought it would be fun to start a topic on as to why guys start to feel this way?
Is it because they get comfortable with this girl, or maybe because they get fulfilled, and then their interest goes off to football, or whatever may be the case?
Why do men lose the loving/attention feeling they have once for their girl?
Or.....do they really lose it, or just become comfortable in the relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
They are hunters by nature. It is the thrill of the chase.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
I think sometimes they get bored with the relationship. One thing that helps us is time apart. I mean if my DH goes out of town to visit family and we're apart a week, that sparks things. A relationship is something you have to work at. Have you talked to him about it? It's something that happens to alot of relationships including mine.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:42 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I think sometimes they get bored with the relationship. One thing that helps us is time apart. I mean if my DH goes out of town to visit family and we're apart a week, that sparks things. A relationship is something you have to work at. Have you talked to him about it? It's something that happens to alot of relationships including mine.
I don't think it's so much boredom, but getting comfortable. I think my SO forgets what it was like not to have me around. Whenever we're apart for a few days, he does become more attentive. I notice this moreso when I leave and he has to stay home alone. When I start feeling "ignored," for lack of a better word, I take a time out and spend more time away from him than usual. That usually makes him take notice.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I don't think it's so much boredom, but getting comfortable. I think SO forgets what it was like not to have me around. Whenever we're apart for a few days, he does become more attentive. I notice this moreso when I leave and he has to stay home alone. When I start feeling "ignored," for lack of a better word, I take a time out and spend more time away from him than usual. That usually makes him take notice.
That's Dolly Parton's recipe for a happy and long marriage.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:47 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's Dolly Parton's recipe for a happy and long marriage.
Yep, that and the occasional side dish! *lol*

Old 09-13-2008, 08:02 PM

[quote=beckycat;5256021 Have you talked to him about it? It's something that happens to alot of relationships including mine. [/quote]

Thanks, but this is not necessarily a scene with me...as of yet anyway.
I know it happens to alot of relationships, and hear about this alot.

The gal tries to spice things up, by candle lite dinners, role play, lingerie, or to stand in front of his football, or video game. lol....

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 09-13-2008 at 08:48 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 PM

124 posts, read 507,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
So many people wonder why is he not paying attention to me, even if I do this, or that. I say this, or that, and I get no response.
Some often wonder, well, the spark is gone, or he`s bored with me.
They say,"what is wrong with our relationship?"
I hear this alot on this forum, or just out with friends.
I thought it would be fun to start a topic on as to why guys start to feel this way?
Is it because they get comfortable with this girl, or maybe because they get fulfilled, and then their interest goes off to football, or whatever may be the case?
Why do men lose the loving/attention feeling they have once for their girl?
Or.....do they really lose it, or just become comfortable in the relationship?
Well most likely you missed him trying to tell you but, that may not matter any more because guys sometime forget the reasons why they get the way they do. But, there easy to turn around.
First if you want his attention get naked walk around and then sit on his lap. This will get his attention. If you don't know what to do from there I know what the problem is.
Stop nagging.
Start cooking, cleaning, dressing nice, look nice, classy, hot, and talk nice all the time.
Buy you and him some nice new closes on clearance.
Buy him some things, little things that let him no you care.
Be a little mysterious.
Treat him like a puppy, always be happy to see him and greet him with a kiss, bring him a beer when he gets home at the end of the day and leave him alone for at leased 15-20 mins.
Flirt, flirt, flirt.
Give him a back rub a good one with a happy ending.
I think he will come around (no pun and he will miss you when your gone.
Don't foget to pray,pray,pray for him.
Go with God

Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
The gal tries to spice things up, by candle lite dinners, role play, lingerie, or to stand in front of his football, or video game. lol....
I don't know because the tables are turned in my relationship: I'm more interested in my wife than she is in me -- I'd love for her to try to spice things up. For a variety of complex reasons I won't leave, but it certainly is extremely frustrating when one partner is more interested than the other. Things didn't start out this way (though in hindsight some clues were there), but here we are 12 years later...

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
I don't know because the tables are turned in my relationship: I'm more interested in my wife than she is in me -- I'd love for her to try to spice things up. For a variety of complex reasons I won't leave, but it certainly is extremely frustrating when one partner is more interested than the other. Things didn't start out this way (though in hindsight some clues were there), but here we are 12 years later...
Reverse it back to you then. You go out and buy some candles, have a nice dinner prepared for her, you can even play "the chief."
Our imaginations can go anywhere we want them to go, so think up a theme, and play it out. Spice it up! Do something that she is not expecting. Get ya` a pair of those sexy underwear with the two little ears on top. lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships