Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:09 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,195,682 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I posted a thread about sending and email to someone I wish I had not (see link). Many of you said just don't answer her phones calls. Well, she keeps calling like some stalker or something. I blocked her email and IM. But I cannot block her phone calls. what a turn off!!!

Why in the hell would someone keep calling you when they have called you about 12 times in 2 weeks and you have not responded? I guess she cannot get the hint.

I wish I would not have sent her that email
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,030,934 times
You're going to either have to give it to her straight or make something up. You can say you have a significant other who is getting uncomfortable calling so much. Or just say you are really busy and just wanted to say hi but don't have the time to chat all the time.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:19 PM

Exclamation SHE's CRAZY AS HELL.

Can you believe I told her I am really busy? She thinks I have an obligation to return her calls. I don't.

Look, I am not bragging on myself, but 100% of the women I meet think I am a good catch(Thank god for quality women). I know this particualr girl does as well and she is hard up for a good man to settle down with. Well that's not going to be me. It will be years before I get married IF I even do it.

I think she's crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
You're going to either have to give it to her straight or make something up. You can say you have a significant other who is getting uncomfortable calling so much. Or just say you are really busy and just wanted to say hi but don't have the time to chat all the time.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:23 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,030,934 times
Can you block her phone number?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:24 PM

I looked into it. They only way is to change my number. Not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Can you block her phone number?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,264,893 times
My friend's answering machine message says "Hi, you've reached Kim. Leave a message" and she does this because there is no promise of a return call, only the expectation for the caller to leave a message. I would do that on your voice mail let her get the message. Or block the number. Or tell her to go away!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Bottom line is I have tell her to go find something else to do with her time. Funny thing is, she's the type of girl that would get mad and argue about it. That's what I am trying to avoid.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My friend's answering machine message says "Hi, you've reached Kim. Leave a message" and she does this because there is no promise of a return call, only the expectation for the caller to leave a message. I would do that on your voice mail let her get the message. Or block the number. Or tell her to go away!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:01 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,752,634 times
For goodness' sake just be upfront and blunt about it. Call her back and tell her that you made a mistake getting back in touch with her, that you've nothing in common and that her continual 'phone calls are a nuisance. Ask her to please not call again, wish her all the best and then hang up. As far as her "getting mad and arguing about it," she can't argue with you if you hang up.

If she really is a loony and persists then write her a return receipt certified letter saying the same thing and, if that fails, slap a restraining order on her. I doubt you would have to go that far! Cheers and good luck!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:05 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,656,715 times
Change your number and just inform people of your new number. Otherwise, man up, answer the phone and set the woman straight. If she still does not stop, put a restraining order on the girl and end it. Problem solved.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Don't be a wimp. Talk to her about what her problem is and discuss your problem with her calling so much. Be direct and say "If I do not answer or pick up the phone, then please do not continue to call" and "Do not call so many times". If you have a problem with her tell her what it is....

I don't think she is a stalker unless she is leaving messages that she "wants to be with you forever"....or saying "you and I were meant to be together at all times forever, that is how God intended it" ROTFL...seriously don't be so paranoid.

Some people can't take rejection or they take it poorly...you should be sensitive to that I guess...??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships