Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:10 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,165,947 times

Advertisements

I am a 29 year old male who works in a high-volume retail store (I also attend college with a large female student body), yet females generally 20-29 years of age rarely, talk, compliment or flirt with me. Young men, does this happen to you or does the opposite occur? Nevertheless, older women tend to flirt, compliment or talk to me. What are your thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,896 times
its like this. Women aged 20-29 are not interested in you for stupid reasons. Women older are either just nice and do not care about you at all. But they do not want you to feel lonely so they talk with you. Others just want to talk with someone.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
I think that those women take flirting and the possible consequences of the flirting too seriously. For instance, if a young lady from that age group did flirt with you innocently, chances are that you would think that it meant more than it did, try to ask her out, then she would have to turn you down. You'd get frustrated and mad, and consider her a ****-tease. So for those young women, it's not worth even flirting in a light hearted way with you.

Secondly, you are just the store clerk. They are in there just to shop, they are not there looking for a boyfriend. Unless you are really really good looking, they aren't interested interacting with you socially. Just keep things professional with them.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:48 PM

20 posts, read 58,729 times
I think girls 20-29 are more used to having boys hit on THEM, versus "older" (though over 29 is not old!) women are more confident and have the guts to approach you first.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovestars View Post
I think girls 20-29 are more used to having boys hit on THEM, versus "older" (though over 29 is not old!) women are more confident and have the guts to approach you first.

"Confidence?" If the OP have some that is. If he want young girls to approach him, maybe he should try to get out from behind the counter and go out somewhere. This is real life, not some show like 90210 or something.

Anyway, to Rwarky, being in a college campus, I'm sure there are parties over there, and you still can't get a girl to talk to you?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
It is NOT common; however it has happened on occasion. Usually women over 21 throw out some compliments to me every now and again. I'm a hot guy though; otherwise, my advice is try and flirt first, do so by making deep eye contact and a little smile or a nod of the head. Tractor beam eyes are the best way to flirt first. I do that and it works both with the ladies and with guys. Do not feel bad if the ladies seem to be in their own self absorbed little world.....when I flirt with ladies it is only in a friendly way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I am a 29 year old male who works in a high-volume retail store (I also attend college with a large female student body), yet females generally 20-29 years of age rarely, talk, compliment or flirt with me. Young men, does this happen to you or does the opposite occur? Nevertheless, older women tend to flirt, compliment or talk to me. What are your thoughts on this?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,247,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It is NOT common; however it has happened on occasion. Usually women over 21 throw out some compliments to me every now and again. I'm a hot guy though; otherwise, my advice is try and flirt first, do so by making deep eye contact and a little smile or a nod of the head. Tractor beam eyes are the best way to flirt first. I do that and it works both with the ladies and with guys. Do not feel bad if the ladies seem to be in their own self absorbed little world.....when I flirt with ladies it is only in a friendly way....
Uhuh....

Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Soooo ...... whatcha doin' tonight? Hey little boy - wanna candy bar???

Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So you're a hot guy, but gay... so what do you do with the ladies? Or do you go Bi?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
heck no I'm not bi. I'm just being friendly. Please get your mind out of a gutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
So you're a hot guy, but gay... so what do you do with the ladies? Or do you go Bi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships