Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 04:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yeah I complained,though I deal with it why?Because we are still friends and there are petty things that shouldn't be brought in between.

Although I know this is a temporary situation anyway until I get my own den again.
Exactly my point... you know it's a temporary situation (which suits you in some ways) and you "deal" with it by getting out of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 05:22 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
My husband is the dealbreaker....

Old 10-31-2008, 08:01 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
I won't go into any specifics, but there are a few items on your list that I could not understand why a guy would not want to do that. WHY not, I don't know.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
1. Does Drugs
2. Alcoholic
3. Likes to beat up women or kids
4. Is a thief
5. Hates kids
6. Likes molesting kids or raping woman
7. Hates Animals or when driving, sees an animal up ahead, and purposely tries to hit it
8. Lives with mom and dad and he's 45
9. He's already married
10. Doesn't want sex often
11. Doesn't like to eat at the Y
12. Has a Star Trek costume in his closet
13. Is Gay
14. Isn't monogamous
15. Wears my lingerie when I'm not around

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
What is a mama's boy exactly? People always use that term, I don't understand whether this is a common thing (I mean girls dating a guy like this) and it has one definition, or many definitions, etc. Just was wondering if someone could enlighten me on that one finally, haha. I was just always guessing it meant he was more feminine or something? Or he was way closer to his mom than his dad? But if the latter was it, that wouldn't really be fair. I was equally close with both of my parents, just for different reasons, so I am wondering what it means if a guy is a "mama's boy."
No, feminine men are not necessarily Mama's Boy's...I guess a good description would be taking Mama his clothes to launder when he is capable himself, his Mama makes him a brown bag lunch and brings it to work for him, she reminds him when to get his oil changed in his car, when to set dental appointments...get the picture?

Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,736 times
Verbal or physical abuse
a serious vice; drugs, gambling, etc.
Bigotry
a sudden adoption to extremes such as Born Again Christianity
The inability to accept personal responsibility for anything and always blaming others (the boss, his mother, etc.
The thinking that everything that happens is God's will. I need to be married to someone who can control their own destiny or at least try and not be complacent
A lack of interest in his heritage or the lack of one
Refusal to live in the city. I can't be married to a non urbanite.
No desire to travel - deal breaker for me. Travel is my passion

Old 11-01-2008, 01:48 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,034,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
No, feminine men are not necessarily Mama's Boy's...I guess a good description would be taking Mama his clothes to launder when he is capable himself, his Mama makes him a brown bag lunch and brings it to work for him, she reminds him when to get his oil changed in his car, when to set dental appointments...get the picture?
Based on what I've read by hanging out on the MIL stories board for the last several years, I think Alice's description on post #78 is more apt: the guy puts his mother; her wishes and opinions; first in his life ahead of everyone else.

Lordy, I read a story, some time back, where a man let his drunken mother take his daughter out for a ride on a motorcycle. Not only drunk, but no helmet or shoes on the kid. He was proud of having a Harley Mamma and overrode the objections of his wife and thoughts of safety for his own child. I bet if there had been a crash, with the child hurt or killed, he would have waved all guilt away from his mother and himself, saying "well, she didn't mean to do it, she just wanted to have fun with her granddaughter."

I don't know why women stick with those kinds of men - worse, tying themselves to the guy with a kid when they know good and well there will be MIL problems, but love makes people stupid

Old 11-01-2008, 02:21 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,033,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My Dealbreakers:

1) Someone that is estranged from or has poor family relationships.
Guess that leaves alot of women out.
I love my mom and dad, and Im on speaking terms with one uncle and aunt, but the rest of my blood family I don't willingly associate myself with. We just never 'bonded' when I was a kid, and it will always be that way.
Ive made my own little family out of old friends over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I heard a local morning radio show talking about this the other day.

One of the DJ's had a female friend who was dating Mr. Wonderful (great job, owned his home, good-looking, nice, considerate, etc...). Had been dating him about 5 months. She was beginning to wonder when they would "get intimate," as they really had not spent the night together up to that point.

So, after an evening of "romantic interaction," he says to her that he really likes her, feels they've got a good thing going, etc... He then tells her that he now feels as though he trusts her and can "be himself" around her. She's thinking, is he a cross-dresser or what?

So this 36-year old successful professional man then tells her that he still sucks his thumb and sleeps with his childhood "blanky." He was completely serious. She was out of there in 2 seconds flat.

I think that would be a dealbreaker for me!
ROTLMAO Now that is hilarious!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,761 times
doesn't want to live in the Northeast
thinks he's always right/blames everybody else for everything
has kids or wants them
has an ex who is still in contact with him and will make my life miserable
wants to go to endless parties
talks to Mommy and Daddy every day and tells them everything
thinks getting drunk often is original and cool
hates women but lusts after a lot of them we see and tells me so
wastes money on stupid expensive things but cheap about small, everyday groceries
shows off, unless he should be because he accomplished something real
shallow/into material things only
racist/sexist/everyone is beneath him
gives strangers a hard time just to amuse himself
won't say what his problem is but pouts and expects me to figure it out
doesn't like any of the music I do
younger than 30/older than maybe 38.
immature
doesn't appreciate anything/thinks he deserves things handed to him
doesn't love animals and nature

Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,761 times
I forgot to write the most important thing of all--he cannot be a Red Sox fan.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,640,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Ah I see, so you mean it's like he has grown up but not really? Mom still does the chores and acts like he's a kid still or something?

I used to bring my laundry home for my mom to do on weekends when I was at college, because I was too lazy and busy to do it myself, haha. But we had maids back home who could do that stuff too, so I didn't feel bad about it really. My mom was definitely very protective and wanted to try to do everything she could, that's just how she was. But I don't have a mom now so I do everything myself more or less, haha. I mean nobody else is going to do it if I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships