Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:54 PM

16 posts, read 41,626 times

Advertisements

This guy and I have been crushing on eachother for awhile. I have known this guy alittle more then a year. We didn't at the start of our friendship see much of each other at all, but we see each other more now. He always introduces me to anyone that he is with, I could see him out somewhere, and be with a group of girls and he will just introduce me, and no one else. He has a photo of us that he went out and bought a frame for. Really he is just that type of guy that acts tough, but really is a softy. I guess, I have just gotten that side of him out,because a lot of people are like intimidated by him and I am like why? He is a nice guy? He told me, every time I look at the photo of you and I, it just makes me happy, I find my self always smiling when I look at it. He is always listening in on my conversations, and sometimes I'll ask him to study alittle after classes or whatever, and I would ask.." hey you got acouple of min. to work on some stuff?" or something like that and he would always respond.." I told you, I always have time for you" or something like that.

BUT...what bothers me about him and this started recently..he started like almost..putting himself down when we are together. I mean, is he fishing for me to compliment him or something? He is ethier putting himself down in front of me, or..we were working on some science problems and you had to calculate them and stuff and when he would get the answer..he would be like.."ohh man, I am the man! Its fine, you can tell me I am Amazing!" So, I mean...I went along with it..I said.." Yes, Yes, I will admit, you are Amazing..lol"

But, really..do all guys do this..like feel they have to put themselves down all the time infront of someone ( atleast I think he likes me), they like or are crushing on???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
He sounds arrogant and childish. Seriously, that is a bad sign. Immaturity, low self esteem, and high IQ is not a good combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali33 View Post
This guy and I have been crushing on eachother for awhile. I have known this guy alittle more then a year. We didn't at the start of our friendship see much of each other at all, but we see each other more now. He always introduces me to anyone that he is with, I could see him out somewhere, and be with a group of girls and he will just introduce me, and no one else. He has a photo of us that he went out and bought a frame for. Really he is just that type of guy that acts tough, but really is a softy. I guess, I have just gotten that side of him out,because a lot of people are like intimidated by him and I am like why? He is a nice guy? He told me, every time I look at the photo of you and I, it just makes me happy, I find my self always smiling when I look at it. He is always listening in on my conversations, and sometimes I'll ask him to study alittle after classes or whatever, and I would ask.." hey you got acouple of min. to work on some stuff?" or something like that and he would always respond.." I told you, I always have time for you" or something like that.

BUT...what bothers me about him and this started recently..he started like almost..putting himself down when we are together. I mean, is he fishing for me to compliment him or something? He is ethier putting himself down in front of me, or..we were working on some science problems and you had to calculate them and stuff and when he would get the answer..he would be like.."ohh man, I am the man! Its fine, you can tell me I am Amazing!" So, I mean...I went along with it..I said.." Yes, Yes, I will admit, you are Amazing..lol"

But, really..do all guys do this..like feel they have to put themselves down all the time infront of someone ( atleast I think he likes me), they like or are crushing on???

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
So screaming "I am the man" is putting one'sself down? Ok now I'm confused.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 AM

Well, for the most part...I dont find that he says positive things. Sometimes I think he is just using the whole reverse psychology thing, He would say..." I know you hate me but.."...and obviously NOT true...we are good friends, so he has to know that, that is not true..so I would just tell him.." Whatever, you know thats crazy, and not true." But it seems like he just wants to see if I will come out and say...ohhh you know I love ya..dont say something like that.

Or..or he would just say little things about himself that are not good, and it seems like he just wants to see if I am going to sit there and say " Ohh...sweetie...thats not true..dont say that about yourself...but to be honest...I am just not that kind of person. I am not at all saying I am not a person that gives praise when its needed..If I think you deserve a compliment or praise..I will go all out, and do everything under the sun to celebrate something good or whatever, but I just recently started to see that, this guy...he seems to be like looking for compliments all the time...=/

Is he just insecure?? He does not seem that way on the outside...but maybe that is how he really feels or something??

Old 11-07-2008, 04:31 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
It's normal for guys to be goofy when they're young. Just be sweet. It's nothing to worry about.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Awwwww, the poor guy wants to be flattered and is feeling a little low on self-esteem and insecure. He sounds like a giganta-baby.

How was/is this guys relationship with his parent's? Was there any emotional abuse in his home growing up where his parent's may have contributed to where he feels that he needs to find his bearings?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So screaming "I am the man" is putting one'sself down? Ok now I'm confused.
Me too

Old 11-07-2008, 08:44 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Sounds like he wants more affection from you and may be slightly insecure. Cut him some slack and go with the flow.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:57 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,461 times
umm please tell us the age, that would change alot and help put stuff in perspective??

Old 11-07-2008, 01:28 PM

I am 19 and he is 21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships