Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,803,401 times

Advertisements

This is a trend that I think I just noticed.

Most very attractive people (young adults in particular) seem to have a near-permanent stone-faced expression on their face in public. They either never say anything or never say much and come across to me as very-unfriendly.

Being a young adult straight single male, by default I've noticed this primarily with young women, but I've also noticed this amoung young guys too when I was bored.

Perhaps it is just my area.
The Greater Toronto Area is known for residents to be pretty cold or indifferent to strangers.
Perhaps I'm only noticing this because actractive people tend to draw more attention.

Or maybe I'm on to something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
We have to be that way BEFORE you give us any crap!

Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
A lot of hot girls put up the "b**ch shield" because they're so sick of getting hit on constantly by guys. I guess it must get really annoying after a while, so they figure if they put up that shield it will reduce the douches hitting on them a bit, haha. I can't say I blame them. Once you get to know them, most hot girls are just as nice as anyone else, it's just a front. But I know it can be frustrating.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
The Greater Toronto Area is known for residents to be pretty cold or indifferent to strangers.
When I think Toronto, I think "everything AND the kitchen sink." I think I read somewhere that the UN or some major organization declared Metro Toronto to be the world's most multi-ethnic area, on a per capita basis anyway. However, the ethnicity and attractiveness (is that a word?) are different topics, though some people think of some ethnic groups as being collectively more attractive than others.

I think that there's a chip on someone's shoulder to ward off unwelcomed advances, or deter someone from thinking there's a possibility...when there isn't. A lot of attractive people also seem to have an entitlement problem...that is, they are accustomed to having things "handed to them" more easily to them than they generally are to "average" folks.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Sometimes that's true. Other times it's just that they are more confident, and they carry themselves in a way that intimidates other people sometimes, which is natural.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times
From personal experience I noticed that most attractive women who shop at Bloomingdale's are stuck up as hell.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
attractive is part of the package, the full package is narcisst.
they dont have to act friendly bek there is always a line outside their door of wanabees.
people orbit around them.
see film interview with a vampire, tells it all.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:40 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
From personal experience I noticed that most attractive women who shop at Bloomingdale's are stuck up as hell.
Good observation! What gave it away??? The fancy store with the outlandish prices or the fancy store with the outrageous prices???

Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post

You hit the nail on the head.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 AM

283 posts, read 759,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
This is a trend that I think I just noticed.

Most very attractive people (young adults in particular) seem to have a near-permanent stone-faced expression on their face in public. They either never say anything or never say much and come across to me as very-unfriendly.

Being a young adult straight single male, by default I've noticed this primarily with young women, but I've also noticed this amoung young guys too when I was bored.

Perhaps I'm only noticing this because actractive people tend to draw more attention.

Or maybe I'm on to something...
after hearing "nice ****" from a few hundred old men as they walk by on the street i think nice looking young women learn to develop an icy appearance to ward off such unpleasantness. or so i'm told :P
a better question would be, why does every man on earth believe it's his duty to try his luck with those women? i think if good looking young women were treated like everyone else around them, then they wouldnt have to be so icy and cold looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships