Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
One night Mrs. CPG were at home when a eHarmony spot came on. For kicks, we decided to put our profiles to see how we'd do.
I thought they were supposed to check marital status and make sure you're single... So, they just take your word for it like all other sites?

Quote:
So we both filled out our profiles truthfully, both checking the "Don't want more children" option. I got a gratifying number of responses, while my wife got almost none. Then she changed her response to "Wants More Children," and guys from all over the country were hounding her. It was pretty funny.
That's way weird considering the feedback here and just recently I was also reading about the increased number of young single guys getting vasectomies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
Cpg, you have no imagination! All you'd have to do is create a separate e-mail account to log on to these sites. Then get a brand new credit card to go with it. A P.O. box is a necessity for any of the Visa mail. Any mail for the P.O. box rental could go to your work. You'd have to get a separate cell phone as well, and have those bills send to the P.O. box also.

Oh, and let me add that you'll also need a separate bank account in order to pay the Visa bill each month, funding it with little cash amounts here and there, so your spouse wouldn't be able to easily track the money going out of the family checking account.

And if this seems like a lot of extra trouble and expense, it most certainly is. But if a person really wants to cheat, they'll find a way to do it, right?

Quote:
Yeah. But if the members are married, then how would they even keep it secret? I mean, all it takes is the SO sitting down with the Visa statement and saying, "Honey? What's this monthly charge for Bangme Entertainment?" And, voila, busted.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,374 times
That's sick! Why get married then??

Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 PM

591 posts, read 1,416,037 times
i'm watching the Tyra Banks show right now and it's about the Ashley Madison Website. It amazes me at the excuses people give to cheat..they say they were lonely and their spouse wasn't spending enough time with them..blah blah blah..

Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I'm not surprised. Bet the website owner is laughing all the way to the bank though - smart business move. Why didn't I think of it first? UHG.
If you were really clever, you'd open a health clinic that gives instant STD testing for those who want to cheat but also want to make doubly sure they don't pass anything on to their significant others. When you really think about it, this website should be called claptrap.com

Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Maybe it's a good thing. Too many married folks go onto other sites pretending to be single. At least with a site like this one, people know they're getting involved with a married person. But if you're married and dumb enough to use these sites, just remember someone you know may see you or figure out it's you by your profile.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Maybe it's a good thing. Too many married folks go onto other sites pretending to be single. At least with a site like this one, people know they're getting involved with a married person. But if you're married and dumb enough to use these sites, just remember someone you know may see you or figure out it's you by your profile.
Yeah. But who would they tell?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:58 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Yeah. But who would they tell?
Well, if it's someone like me who just likes to go to these sites for the purpose of seeing if there's anyone I know ... ME!!!

Seriously, I have run across 4 people I know on dating sites. People who are married and they have their pictures on these sites! I haven't said anything yet, because far be it from me to be the stirrer of the s**t (), but one of these days you just know I'm gonna drop some subtle hint or something. Okay, I'm just dying to do it!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM

188 posts, read 474,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Oh, BTW, --Where are the Bible thumpers on this issue? Hmmm....no where to be found?
They are probably out praying for all of the misguided souls that take part in this activity, and wondering if this is what liberals refer to as part of a progressive society.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker View Post
They are probably out praying for all of the misguided souls that take part in this activity, and wondering if this is what liberals refer to as part of a progressive society.
Actually...you're not far off the mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships