Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Yes a vampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
what the heck is a "lady of the night" like a vampire or something? What....are we not allowed to say prostitutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Men like such women because it involves no caring, no commitment, and no reciprocity.

No wife with issues and feelings and needs, no dirty socks, no car that needs new tires, no cranky toddlers, no lawn to mow, no Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws, no bills on the kitchen table.

Just the man, and a woman who has nothing in the world to do at that moment but see to it that he is happy and satisfied. He is the center of attention. His needs are the only thing that matter. He pays for that and she gives him the fantasy for a few expensive moments, that there is nothing in the world more important than what he wants and how wonderful he is.

Obviously this kind of relationship is unsustainable on a day to day basis. If a man actually came to know his hooker, he would find that she all the same issues that that every other woman has. She has kids in daycare and a dog with a vet appointment at 5:00, and a mother in Lake Havisu with late trailer park payments.

Men pay these women to make them feel special. To indulge in sexual fantasy that excludes the real world. To be in a relationship where the needs of the woman don't exist, she isn't a real three dimensional person. He doesn't want to know her, he doesn't want to be close to her life, he isn't interested in her needs. He wants to be pampered and fussed over and catered to.

Apparently this is a very successful business strategy.
I tried to give you reps for this but have to spread my wealth around I guess. I think you're right on.

I enjoyed the company of a couple call girls years ago. I wanted sex without commitment or expectations. The price, while not cheap, was less than I'd often spend on a date anyway. Both were very attractive, well groomed gals, one mid-20s and the other mid-30s. It wasn't great sex, but at the time it seemed better than nothing.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
I feel so so sorry for you. It must be really tough to be who you are and to live with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

I enjoyed the company of a couple call girls years ago. I wanted sex without commitment or expectations. The price, while not cheap, was less than I'd often spend on a date anyway. Both were very attractive, well groomed gals, one mid-20s and the other mid-30s. It wasn't great sex, but at the time it seemed better than nothing.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I feel so so sorry for you. It must be really tough to be who you are and to live with yourself.
haha, whatever Artsy, don't judge other people you don't even know.

In fact, in general, people should stop with their patronizing, fake pity for other people. To feel sorry for a guy for "having to" pay a call girl is stupid. It's not a matter of HAVING to do that, it's a matter of simple mathematics. For instance, take me. If I wanted to get some action, and didn't have a girlfriend at the moment, which is cheaper, $200 for an hour with a call girl, or at least 8 hours trying to meet girls and then maybe buy her dinner, drinks, spend all kinds of time trying to get in her pants, etc. and odds are I could do better than her if I just paid? I'm sorry my time is worth money. I'd rather spend $200 and get right to the point if that's really all I wanted. That's why I think it's retarded when someone acts like I'm shallow for liking attractive girls -- if I was really that shallow I'd just pay for hot call girls, honestly. The reason I don't is because I WOULD rather have a girl who I can have more with, like good times, fun conversation, engaging conversations, etc. That's one reason it's not that appealing of an idea to me, but I wouldn't feel bad about paying for it at all. What people forget is that while $200 may be a lot to them, it's nothing to some people. $200 to me isn't a significant amount of money, I wouldn't miss it. So the difference between "paying for it" and "not paying for it" is nothing significant, i.e. makes no difference, except in principal.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Ok, I see the "efficiency" and the role it has, or they couldn't make any money at it...and they can make a LOT of money.

However, when I think of the world's oldest profession, I think of HOW MANY customers have been "in there," and that's not a comforting thought, especially in today's times.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:13 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Is that what you think of when you eat at a nice restaurant and use their silverware? I mean it's been washed since anyone used it last
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships